Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dancing With Ribbons

Hi everyone, I'm going to be using ribbons, silk scarfs etc in my dance lessons this half term to cover 'respond to different stmuli' but can't think of any music to use.

Has anyone got any ideas? Also any ideas of other props to use would be welcome.

Thanks xx

Just after reading this I was given a link for royalty free music to try... it has a section to search by feel of music.. so may offer a variety of music to try out... listened to a few and they seem quite good with different moods and sounds.. may be worth a browse..

Royalty free music

Free music archive was also recommended to me..

Inge

I love this forum too - thank you Inge for the music links, on the first link, I selected African - 1st one Tafi Maradi was fantastic, certainly got my hips wiggling on my seat :o All I need now is a ribbon xD

Edited by Guest

For slow wavy music I use the "Disney Princess" tracks but also loads of others from African drum beats all the way through to popular songs that the children know... like "Reach for the stars" (awful I know but they love it).

Oh god no!! Not reach for the stars!! It's knd of our unofficial school song and we always end up singing it at the top of our voices on works dos! Last time about 30 of us all got in a circle on the dancefloor with the head in the middle singing and signing it! Everyone else cleared of the dancefloor pretty quickly and the DJ was baffled! He kept saying 'How do you all know this??' He didn't realse we were all together!! Very embarrassing when we remembered it the the next day when we were all sober! :o

I tend to use any popular music to get the children dancing - Cheryl Cole's "Fight for this love" and anything from ABBA are big favourites!!

I sometimes try to tie in a theme to the music - e.g. when we did a fireworks dance with ribbons and chiffon squares, I used "Relight my fire!" by Take That.

ps Love the image of the "Reach for the stars" staff dance!! :o

I was just lucky finding it.. I was looking for some music to put with pictures and as I was selling them on had to have something royalty free, so a friend suggested it to me... having explored more I am glad she did , it really is a good site..

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)