Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What's Your Favourite Song?

Hi folks.

I am thinking about the new term and would really like some good, jolly, NEW songs to sing with my pre-school (age 2-5).

I know there are lots of website suggestions but to be honest there are just so many I don't know where to start! great if you want a particular topic maybe...

So I though I would ask everyone for their TOP song/nursery rhyme that goes down well in their setting, .

Looking forward to some great suggestions!! :oxD:(:(:(

just a quick edit to say ---- maybe something from your own childhood??

Edited by mps09

One of our favourites last term was the little green frog song - if you type that into You Tube you will see a demonstration.

Also 'All my love is a bubbling over' - huge favourite with the children and very catchy tune. It's on a CD I was given on a course last year but canno think of the name of the artist. Perhaps a google search will find it.

Two to get you started.

Thank you!

All my love is a bubbling over...... is this a deviation on 'Jesus love is a bubbling over, oooh ahh bubbling over...do you think?? found that on youtube.

Thanks for the suggestions - here' hoping for some more :oxD

The children at the nursery I'm temping in at the moment love a turtle song, of which the words are...

I had a little turtle, his name was Tiny Tim

I put him in the bathtub to see if he could swim,

he drank up all the water,

he ate up all the soap,

and now he's in bed with a bubble in his throat

...bubble, bubble, bubble, bubble, bubble, POP

There are obvious actions that go with it, needless to say, they LOVE the bubble bit when they spread their arms out wider, and wider, and the word bubble gets a little louder ending in a clap of the hands for POP.

Even the under 2's join in with the bubble, bubble, POP bit clapping and laughing

Edited by Guest

Yes, All my love is a bubbling over is based on the Jesus love is a bubbling over you found on YouTube.

Will try to find out the chaps name - it is so good and very worthy of passing on to others. Our children love it. I'm sure you can buy his CD online. Give me a nudge in a day or two if I forget to look for the slip of paper with the details on.

Is there a tune to the Tiny Tim song, sounds great fun.

Deb

ours always love

Down in the meadow where the long grass grows

there were 5 little field mice washing their clothes

with a rub a dub here & a rub a dub there

thats the way they wash their clothes

with a squeak, squeak, a boogie woogie woogie

repeat line

repeat line

thats the way they wash their clothes

it goes down in number. they love doing the long grass action,wash actions. squ :o eaking with their hands & doing boogie actions & get very excited by it!

The children at my nursery seem to really love all the 'older' Nursery rhymes - Miss Polly, London Bridge is falling down, See-saw majorie door and I absolutely love teaching them The Runaway train - especially good for my train-mad boys!

Hi

Our kids love the Pirate song I let them pretend to be sick at the end :o ! We also do a song called 'when I'm happy this is what I do' which has signs to it linking with different emotions.

The others they like are the more obvious five little ducks etc..

Don't know if that helps

Jo

oh just thought they like 'five naughty monkeys swinging in the trees' as well

My Children love 'baby bumblebee' but this songs depends on your parents to whether you sing it or not!!!

it goes: ( if you search google you will find the actions and alternative words)

ive got a little baby bumblebee

won't my mother be suprised with me

i've got a little baby bumblebee

aww it sung me!

i'm squishing up m baby bumblebee

i'm squishing up my baby bumblebee

ehhh what a mess!

i'm licking up my baby bumblebee

i'm licking up my baby bumbleee

errr i feel sick

im sicking up (or appropriate noise) my baby bumblebee

i'm sicking up my baby bumblebee

errr what a mess!

i'm mopingup my baby bumblebee

i'm moping up my baby bumblebee

ahh thats better :o

They also like this song about animals:

There was a crocodile (slap hands crocodile actions)

an organatang (money actions)

a flying eagle (circle arms)

and a sliver fish (palms together wriggle like a fish)

a bunny (make ears with hands)

a beaver

a crazy elephant (Make trunk with arm)

repeat mising out a line and jsut doing action (like head, shoulders, knees and toes)

hope they are useful

Emma

I remember singing the bumblebee song at Guides, although it would have been just over ten years ago for me (don't I feel young :o) I never particularly liked it though because I had and still have a huge problem with sick. Yes I am one of those terrible teachers who has to get the TA to clean up children's sick although I'm ok dealing with the actual child!

I tend to change the bumble bee song to miss out the sick bit.

I do...

Bringing home (hold hand out)

Squishing up (squishing hands together)

Wiping up (wiping hands on top)

Sweeping up (broom action)

The children often want to sing this at least twice each time so we discussed that, if you do kill a bumble bee, their friends will come and find out what has happened!

OK found the information on the 'All my love is a bubbling over' song and CD by Steve Grocott. His CD's for children are Tiny Sparks, Bright Sparks and More sparks at a cost of £8.00 each. Am going to buy a CD based on that one song which the children love. Lots of weird and wonderful noises to accompany the catchy tune.

www.dronesmusic.net Steve Grocott's pages.

Deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)