Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning Records

:o we have it going back years ! tbh i think its just being kept because it always has been, and if we can demonstrate to Ofsted how our planning works, what we do etc, then we really dont need to keep it for so long.

we have other evidence of what we do - such as photos of activites, pictures of displays. we also have daily activity logs that we complete -so im hoping some of the bulk of the paperwork can be disposed of ?

I can remember (in 2006) going through a load of paperwork in a filing cabinet which I had not investigated properly as not needing the space, and finding planning going back to 1998 :o

i had such a clear out after that..so much of it too... along with loads of cut out shapes and all sorts of things no longer used.. ( I didn't use them even then!)

I used to keep about a years worth of planning in a folder so that it could be looked at as evidence of the way we plan and show how we covered everything.. as it ended up taking little room I sometimes kept them for two/ three years... this occasionally gave us references when things reappeared and we would use it for ideas... we had a list in the front of any topics/ ideas , that made it a useful tool and not just filed and forgotten.

Inge

Edited by Inge