Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone Else's Screen Gone Funny?

Since last night, whenever I log on to the forum the hotlinks and the 'day/time' and 'logged in' bubbles have kind of overlapped (top left hand corner of the screen under the fsf logo). There's also a red x with the words 'site message' and 'message will auto close in 2 seconds' which it doesn't,and there's no message either! I can still access the forum but I can't get at the hotlink for 'view unread messages' - which I use all the time :o I've tried logging out and in again, restarting my browser (firefox) and even my pc. Anyone else have this problem or any ideas what it could be? Its very frustrating not being able to get straight to the unread posts!

Lucyhobbit

not got a problem with it.. but I use Google chrome as my browser..

my first port of call whenever I have browser issues is to empty the cahce.. and then if that doesn't work I try a refresh- control/ F5 which often works...

may be worth a try if you haven't already

Inge

empty the cache..

Inge

Can I ask what this means and how do you do it?

As well as learning so much on this forum my computer skills are greatly enhanced from the tips and advice put on here!!!

thanks in advance :)

web caches to store previous responses from web servers, such as web pages.

They help reduce the amount of information that needs to be transmitted across the network, as information previously stored in the cache can often be re-used. it helps to improve responsiveness for users of the web.

now how to clear it.. I do this regularly but ass I use chrome it may be different for other browsers..

found this.. it may be easier than my trying to explain it...

How to clear your cache

I also clear cookies and history regularly, surprising how much 'rubbish' is stored when browsing on internet!

Inge

Lol Mundia!! I'm a digestive kinda girl!! Thanks for that Inge. Colleagues are amazed at mu level of technological intelligence - and it's all from here!!