Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Recent Inspections Outcomes

mundia

Have loo0ked at this Mundia. Thank you. Need a bit of help!!! Do these reports apply to nurseries in maintasined schools? And are you identifying weak spots as those areas where there is a higher percentage of recommendations? There isn't anywhere on there a written report in words, ratrher thasn data is there? Do I make sense?!!!

HI dreamgirl, I agree it isn't the most user friendly way to give us information is it?

as far as I can see, these are inspection results for the non maintained sector, because maintained settings wont have a separate inspection for just the nursery (it would form part of the school inspection). They are divided into childminder, child care on domestic and then non domestic premises. It doesn't further break down into different types of setting eg pre school, day nursery etc.

Ive done a bit of searching, and there is similar info available for schools here

but it only gives results by type of school and not aspects within a schools (eg by FS, KS1 etc). Interesting that 58% of nursery schools were graded outstanding over the past year or so.

My interpretation of the 'weak spots' are as given by the gradings for each section of the reports. So, for example, 71% of settings inspected achieved good or better in 'effectiveness of safeguarding' but only 59% did so for 'effectiveness of self evaluation' and 62% for 'effectiveness of engagement with parents'. You can then look at each provision type or for your own LA for further analysis if you wish!

Hope that makes sense to you.

• 1 month later...