Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Activity Risk Assesstment

Hi all,

My early years advisor told me that it is 'good practise' to have risk assessments for every activity in the nursery (for example painting, cutting, cooking, construction etc etc)

This seems like alot of work - does anyone have? Mind sharing? - views?

Thanks

x

I used to have them, only very simple format with a traffic light type of recording for low, med, high risk and didn't actually take long to do.. reviewed it every 6 months.

I had them all together on a couple of sheets... Ofsted loved them..

Also had a few for individual things we found could be an issue.. like the tree in our garden which I allowed children to climb :o and which also had a head bumping hight branch.. did have a few children who did that so we wrapped it in bubble wrap, and it worked, Mrs Ofsted said she would always remember us for the group with the bubble wrapped tree!

Inge

replied to your other thread on this..

( it is often better to only start one on a topic so you get a single thread of replies.. makes it easier for those of us who reply to one only to find it has already been said in another one..)

inge

thanks for merging as one, realised I put in wrong place and then couldn't move?

You're welcome, spiceye! You can always ask a friendly mod to move posts or topics around if you put them in the wrong place! :o

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)