Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sharing Info With Another Setting Form

Hi,

I wonder if any of you use a form to give information on children's learning when they are in two settings. I know some of the nurseries have these as I have been sent one completed.

Like many of you I have children in Pre-school that also split their funding with a nursery on the days their parent's work.

Be good to know if anyone has been asked to produce these by Ofsted?

Ofsted loved our keypie notebooks - name coined by someone on here's other half - as it shows a continual sharing of info. Well it would if they ever wrote in it. It showed how well WE were sharing though, and that's the main thing!

here's the labels we use on the books - oh I'll just anonymise it and be back

KEYPIE_labels_forum.doc

Edited by Cait

Ofsted loved our keypie notebooks - name coined by someone on here's other half - as it shows a continual sharing of info. Well it would if they ever wrote in it. It showed how well WE were sharing though, and that's the main thing!

here's the labels we use on the books - oh I'll just anonymise it and be back

Thanks for this - hope you won't be sending out the copyright police.

Honey

What a good idea, thanks for sharing that. We have a few children that attend school as well as us. Shall sort something similar for Sept. :o

Thanks Cait for sharing your labels. I think this would work for someone like a childminder or nearby school, but not sure how I would transfer this on a regular basis to a Nursery a couple of miles away that I never visit!

I don't think the parent would want to be the go between. What I have had sent me from one of the big chain nurseries is like a report in all 6 areas and then a space for me to reply. So I was wondering if anyone else uses this system?

I did mention to my ELA that I thought they should come up with a standard form for all settings to exchange info on, as this is a requirement of the EYFS.

It was for the nursery a couple of miles away that we never visit and who never visit us that we started it. The parents were 'on board' and were happy to make notes in it too - it replaced he home/school notebook for that child and became a 3 way thing. Not that the nursery really ever wrote in it on a regular basis, but it proved to Mrs O that we were at least trying!

Oh well I might give this a go in September then or I might just make a blank copy of what I have been sent and upload it!

Thanks