Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Head Lice

titchy

Does anyone have a generic headlice letter that they wouldn't mind attaching so that I can send it out to my parents. I'm guessing this is the right thing to do. I was going to speak directly to the child's parents in question until my deputy stopped me an suggested I do it more generic because of safeguarding and singling children out which I guess makes good sense. Rhanks guys.

Hi we put a poster on the door to say we have been notified of a case of headlice and to look out for this in their children's hair, if in any doubt for them to go to their local pharmacist for advice and treatment if required. This way it does not single out any child/family.

We also do the poster on the door thing, but if you have a specific child or children on whom you have seen lice I alsd mention it to the parents, quietly or I would give them a quick telephone call along the lines of ' just noticed ...... seems to have picked up headlice , you might want to pop to the chemist /GP and get some lotion to treat them and make sure you treat the rest of the family as well? ' all done in a friendly way, some parents have no idea what they look like or that the child has caught them and are grateful of the hint ! :o

I don't consider it singling out - I think you should target the parent of the child you have noticed with the problem, in a very discreet way, because if they are of a mind not to check their child even if you have sent out a cover all letter, your situation becomes worse.

I always follow up with a letter to all or a poster outside, metnioning that a case of headlice has been reported and each October I send out a letter anyway suggesting a good routine to keep headlice at bay without the need to resort to chemicals.

we got leaflets from... here they were free and could get them in different languages.

or there is this one.. from Plymouth Parent Partnership

We did the notice, letters /leaflets and we did tell the parent if we saw them, quietly but we did tend to know the parent really well.. may depend on how well you know them as to how to tackle this.. never had a parent complain or get upset when we told them, usually glad..

you could also suggest Bug busters these combs can be got on prescription if you ask Gp but also seen them for sale in Tesco .. best comb around..

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)