Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Non-contact

Has anyone written a list for staff already about the sort of things they should be doing in their non-contact time. I'm about to do this but thought I'd check here before I re-invent the wheel!!

Hi Cait

Found mine on a USB so here it is, some of this will be specific to us but it will give you an idea. Non-contact time in our setting takes place in a quiet area of the nursery and staff are encouraged to involve their key children when reviewing/tidying LJ folders? Come back to me if it doesn't make sense.

...now to work out how to attach it?!

...I did it, yeh!!!!

Non_contact_time_duties.doc

Edited by BMG

Thanks for that and congratulations on doing an attachment! It's quite similar to what I did in the end except I added a bit about observations too - as a reminder for one of my staff without singling her out!

Your welcome to use or adapt if you wish, I had to spell things out to some staff so often I put it in writing. It's pinned on the wall and everyone has their own copy stuck to their clipboards! No excuses, especially the one about being fully ready for the planniing meeting.

BMG

Thanks Cait

Some good ideas here too. I have given staff the 5 bullet points you refered to about reasons for observing laminated to credit card size to keep on their person at all times!

No excuses for waffle on about nothing, and in the hope that they won't record something they have previously seen.

BMG

yes It's from the sicker I made for them years ago which they have on the front of their notebooks. But because it's on the front, I suspect they've stopped looking at it!

• 1 month later...