Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Stranger Danger

Found this site

Free for kids

which gives lots of ideas, stories for stranger danger..

I often felt it is this time of year when children are out more and summer holiday is looming that it is a good time to introduce or discuss this. We often know children will listen more to us than mum or dad...(I often had children tell parents is is xxxx because Inge told me , some parents also asked us to raise this issue because they listen to us)

some is very American.. but interesting... the first U tube video is worth a look.. -Safety Now- stranger danger - shows how easy it is to get children to go with you.

Inge

Very appropriate at the moment.......thanks for the link Inge.

The u-tube video is pretty scary considering the mother's were very surprised that their children went with this man in the park. I have seen the 'Child's eye view' site before and the 'safer strangers, safer buildings' video of the girl lost in the supermarket is very good.

Hi

Thanks for the link Inge. Great stuff - I am writing a safguarding and risk assesment assignment at the moment so really helpful stuff.

Also from a parental point of view also found it helpful. Especially as it lead to other info. and sites on children and teenagers. As I have always worked and trained with little ones am finding myself more out of my depth as my children approach and reach thehir teenage years so all advice is gratefully received!

Sally

Thanks Inge - will take a look at that..........you have given me a reminder too.......our local Community Warden has volunteered to come in and deliver a 'Stranger Danger' talk - I must contact her to make a firm date!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)