Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Setting Visit Looming!

OMG! So I've actually handed in my written tasks- never ever thought i'd get there and now I have my visit in 9 days! I am ok with my document folder- being on the fulltime pathway. I feel I am limited. I am relying on my witnesses (considering I've been at my current setting since January this doe slimit me but I have no choice) and more importantly on my setting visit. Does anyone have any hints or tips? I have some herbs hung around the outdoor area (an activity I did with the kids) and I have a groovy world football display that I did. I also changed around the inside a bit to create a cosy space for children and an interactive display board in the toddlers. I am not sure how this can all be dragged out for 45 mins. Oh also, I will talk about the security etc and little things like suncream policy etc. Help meeeee! I honestly think I am going loopy.

Panic not! :o

The first thing I would do is walk around the setting (preferably when all the children have gone, so you can have time to reflect), and look at everything: walls, floor, furniture, windows, etc to see what input you have had. I bet it's more than you think!

Think about your involvement in the following:

1) Parents' information: how is it shared/displayed?

2) Recording/observation of the children's achievements.

3) Health and safety/risk assessments/fire practice, etc

4) Information for your colleagues: ie children with special needs, allergies, etc. Is this up on a display somewhere?

5) Free-flow/schedule for a typical day: have you influenced anything along these lines?

Hope there's something here that you can use, and good luck xD

as Helen says do not panic - great advice given already - the 45 mins will go quickly just talk about everything you have implemented, helped others implement or lead others to do... good luck :o

Hi

bet its a relief to have finished with the written tasks!

Good luck with your visit -let me know how it goes!

Well Bumblebuzz - I had my setting visit today, and I have to say on the tour the 45 minutes flew by, I found myself at the end rushing through my last bits to squeeze them in!

The Assessor put me at ease within a few minutes of meeting, which really helped me keep calm. The fact that when they're interviewing they are recording everything verbatim, gives you lots of time to think your answers though. My advice is be yourself and try your best to stay calm, and listen very carefully to the questions you are asked. Her questions were very carefully worded, so I knew exactly what standards she was trying to get me to provide further evidence for!

Good luck, can't wait to hear how it goes :o It's a fab feeling to come out the other side at last!! Now the long wait for the outcome xD

Try to relax (easier said than done). Imagine that you are giving a prospective parent a tour of the setting. Walk through the setting, from entry point and write a quick list of all you see. Then think about your involvement in all those areas. Match to standards, and there you have it, your tour notes. The time will whizz by, i assure you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)