Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Information Session At Local Library

Hi me again

As part of the drive to get more children signed up and establish ourselves within the local community, I have organised for us to set up an information stand at our local library next Friday morning (when the bookstart rhymetime sessions are held). So I plan to go along and set up a table with information leaflets, a laptop with a slideshow of pictures of nursery pictures and a large whiteboard with photos of the setting, does anyone have any inspiration or words of wisdom for me?

What a good idea, did the library approach you or did you make the first move? I might try with our local library.

You could have some testimonials from parents telling the world how wonderful they think you are displayed, their words would be a very powerful recommendation.

BMG

Hi BMG

Thats a great idea, thank you! I approached the library as the staff had taken the children today and the librarian said that a few parents had been asking her questions as we have some adverts displayed there! Yeh you should contact your local library, ours was very helpful

Have you asked parent's for permission to use photos of their children in this way? We have a child whose picture must never be displayed - I'm sure if you'd be aware if that was the case, but it might be polite to just check that they're ok with it

Thanks for the heads up Kate, the parents sign a photography persmission form on enrollement but I think it would be worth having a chat with them next week and get them to sign something saying that the give permission for this specific purpose just to keep myself right!

I've just had a "guest book" entry on our website from .... a child that left some years ago, it so had me in tears its such a great thing to come accross out of the blue; I hope you don't mind me sharing it with you.

" ******* is the best nursery ive ever been to. I used to go there and come back everyday wanting to stay there whilst covered in paint, crayons, and i just had fun! The staff care for you in everyway and do competitions, cooking, circle time, and loads more fun things! this is a great, safe nursery and i definitely recommend it for everyone."

So maybe you could include some testimonials from children too!!!

Oh yes Maz, I definately do.

I have never looked back from the day I decided that I had enough of being part of something that just made megabucks for fat cats chucking it all in to move on to something that I thought would "make a difference to peoples live", something like this just proves it was the right move!

BMG

Aaaaw BMG thats a lovely message that you were left on your site, just shows what a fantastic job you do, must make you feel very proud x

I was just thinking about the info session for Friday and was wondering if I should make goodie packs up for the children? Info packs for parents to take away?

Do you think these would be suitable?

If so, what kind of things could I put in them?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)