Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Coffee Morning

Hi Everyone, hope you have all had a good week!

As part of our aim for the new nursery to play an active community role and in line with our health promotion values we have invited the local breast feeding support group to come and have a coffee morning with nursery staff and parents! I have never been to a coffee morning, never mind organised one, does any one have any ideas/suggestions about what we should do?

Thanks

Grafter

Make sure the hot drinks aren't anywhere near where there may be children milling about. If you are using the occasion to raise some money, then a small raffle and/or cake stall is good, as can be nearly new baby things.

Put biscuits out - remember to provide some for coeliacs :o (we're often overlooked - don't put these on the same plate as 'normal' ones as they'll get contaminated)

and most important - relax and go with the flow, mix and mingle

Thanks for the quick reply Cait!

Oh good idea about the biscuits, I will need to put them on my shopping list!

Im quite excited about it, I really hope that this new setting will play an active part in the community, something which is unusual for private settings in our area.

• 2 weeks later...

What a great idea, I hope it goes well. Lots of little tables for bfing mums to put their cups where they can reach them will go down well too (says me, remembering how I always used to put mine down just out of reach, then watch it go cold...)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)