Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Forest Schools

:o I am hoping to start some forest skills work from september and as is always the case there is no money for proper training. Has any one got any ideas to get me started?

Guest LornaW

I have been working on a project which although not pure forest school has involved greater use of the outdoor area and regular visits to the woods. If you PM me I could send you some info.

Also a good article in this months EYE magazine and also in the Primary Science.

Lorna

I have just finished my Forest School training. All I would say is, it's an intense course because there is so much to learn and I would be careful doing Forest School without a qualification. Outdoor learning is fine but true Forest School really needs a deeper understaning before it should be undertaken.

Outdoor learning is fine but true Forest School really needs a deeper understaning before it should be undertaken.

That's really interesting Rufus. Where does outdoor learning end and true Forest School begin?

Maz

Forest School is a philosophy as well as outdoor learning and the way I deliver forest school is different to the way I do outdoor learning, it is more intense for that session. The use of only aspirational language, the need for reflection at the end of each session, the correct use of tools, the deep understanding of body language and eye contact, insurance etc I could go on. All these things are covered in a Forest School course

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)