About Us
Tapestry

Cll Input Observation

Hi everyone.....

Just trying to plan for my observation

Any ideas how I could make my input impressive

Im doing the book Who's in the Shed

What could I do in the inpu to show progression

Im frightened if i just read the story to the chn i will get a satisfactory lesson

Please help....Im so worried and just need advice...

Thank you

Sorry not sure I know the book either and you don't say what age group. But if it helps I am presuming it is a farm based book.

If it is could you use the farm animals from small world to help tell the story with, and you could play a KIMs game with them after the story has finished.

You don't know what the children may throw at you while you are reading the story that will inspire you further. so don't worry or stress you'll be fine.

And there is nothing wrong with a satisfactory lesson.

If I remember the book rightly it has peep holes and the children predict who might be in the shed. It's also in rhyme so you could get the children to generate new rhymes. Speech bubbles to write the sounds the animals make and match the sounds to the correct animal.

oh and lots of cvc words big pig jig ...

Edited by Marion

If I remember the book rightly it has peep holes and the children predict who might be in the shed. It's also in rhyme so you could get the children to generate new rhymes. Speech bubbles to write the sounds the animals make and match the sounds to the correct animal.

oh and lots of cvc words big pig jig ...

yeah it's the book with the peep holes..

My observation is with 22 low ability children aged 4 and 5...

I don't know why I get so worried about observations I think it's cause I want to make a good impression!!

I was thinking about doing a hunt for farm animals in the outside area and when the chn found them they had to right where and what they found???

What does everyone think??

Any ideas how I make the input impressive??

Thank u to everyone who replied...really appreciate it x

Could you perhaps read the story then have one more animal hidden in a box - give clues similar to the ones in the book and see if the children could guess? Could then lead onto an independent activity if you leave the box and a box of animals. Children could put an animal in the box and give clues to their friends? Don't really know the book so not sure.

Also, as Cait says, if they're low ability mine la group wouldn't be able to write the names of the animals or where they found them. You could have a photo/plan of the outside area for children to point to/describe (PSRN positional language) where they found them - could stick an animal sticker on if you have any - they'd like that (plans are another issue though if they've not used them before). Depending on their ability you could encourage them to use initial sounds to write the animals/accept mark making or possibly provide labels of the animals (with picture clues if desired) and use it as a reading opportunity - the children could then copy the label if you really want to get some writing??

Don't know if these help. Good luck with the observation - I always get nervous too, so I know how you feel.