Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Classes

So it is that morning when they have all been to the meeting the night before to tell them which class their child is in. Historically someone always wants to shout at me this morning.

BUT nobody complained today.

Maybe they are just saving it up for monday......

I found out today which class my little boy will be in, I work part time at the school he'll be going to so myself and anyone with siblings found out. All his other friends will be waiting for the postman! A friend of mine also got hers today and is disappointed they aren't in the same class - I actually requested they weren't as I gave the school suggested groupings from pre-school where I also work.....

I think the reason some people make a fuss is panic from those who aren't really used or ready for idea of the change. They always seem to think that one class is the "good" one and the other is everyone else.

I do want parents to be involved and definitely to be happy but in the end as there is more than one class the children are going to be divided up between them and the cannot all stay together. We have used this as a way to solve problems in the past which, hopefully, made the situation better for everyone in the long run.

I asked the secondary school to move my daughter when they placed her in a class of children she didn't know. There were 5 girls going from our village and 4 of them went together and my daughter was put in another class. I complained and got her moved into the class with them - and then spent the next 7 years wishing I hadn't! They knew just enough about her from Primary school to make her life a misery as they 'made friends' with unpleasant children. She'd have been far better off starting from scratch with fresh faces.

I need to add that the stuff they knew about her was that she slept in a head brace

It is really hard. I gave the school pairs of children that shouldn't be split up and then put them in suggested groups. The parents also gave school a list of friends they would like to be with, which we also asked parents to pass on to us. It must be a nightmare for schools to sort out. Last year we sent 23 and they literally put 3 in one class and 10 and 10 in the other 2. Parents and us weren't happy so fingers crossed they have listened this year!