Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Photos Of Children

Hello everyone! Only my second post so ...

I was wondering if anyone has a great method for sharing digital photos.

Currently, we print out for learning journeys and parents (not the same ones!) and also use slide shows on computer.

I also e mail to parents now and then. A combination is always best but some are more time consuming and costly than others...

I have so many fantastic photos - does anyone use / can anyone recommend a good site or e photo album where parents can log in and see their child's photos using passwords etc? I read about a nursery using Kodak? Does it cost much?

Thanks for any replies.

I use www.photobox.co.uk for all my photo printing. Have done for years, not the cheapest my in my opinion the best. I also store 100's of photos with them. You can make albums private, so no one else can access unless they have the password or have them as public. However you have to bare in mind that when a parent leaves you they would still have access to any site that you store them on unless you are constantly changing your password. You could also use Flickr.com for photo storage but I dont know if you can make this private with a password only access. Why dont you just display hard copies and then sell them?

Have you thought about using a digital photoframe at school - this would offer a constantly changing picture, our children love to wait and see if they come up on the frame, if the children have been doing something particularly interesting during the morning, I keep the photos on a separate sd card and just pop that into the frame or lap top if we are using it, so that parents can see them quickly at pick up time.

We are starting to compile a photo album for each year. It will have pictures of special things we did that year and lots of the usual. I plan to have the latest one(s) out on show for the children and parents to look at whenever they like. We have also been looking through some very old photos at our setting this week and it is amazing how many of our current children seem to feature in them :o The children have really enjoyed looking at them.

We have been doing very similar things Holly, we also have individual photo albums about specific events for the children to access at any time, they are in the library so they pick them up just as easily as they do one of the story books. They are a great resource and easy for the children to handle, I just pop a few pages into a4 project files.

Hi, Thought you would like to try picasa a free down load from google. its great for storing pictures and you can print as many as you want per page and also add comments. I normally print 4 out per page on normal paper and put them in the childrens individual folders. I also do this for group activity pictures and put this in a folder for parents to look in when arriving/collecting their children. :o

bit like panders i have them on a memory stick and play them in the lobby where parents wait to collect

i love photo's but am in danger of just keep printing them and not doing any thing with them

photo's go into learning journals and some photo's are taken as evidence and displayed on boards to show other settings or at meetings etc

i have now started taking them to show an actvity or a 'learning' that the children have been doing, printing them and later with those children sticking them into a'talking' book the children chop them about stick them in, sometimes they 'write' notes and i annotate in the book what they say

it is really good for reflection and to show other members of staff what we have been doing

We put printouts in the children's learning stories and have a continuous slide show on a digital photo frame in the entrance however we are upgrading the photo frame to a flatscreen tv and will be running a dvd with the photos on it via an inbuilt dvd player (cheaper option with better resolution). At the end of the child's time with us they get a dvd of all the photos.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)