Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Do We Do Next

Hi all

Well was voted as general member for sons out of school club. Got first meeting 5 may and want to know what should we be doing initially.

Is it a EY2 form and CRB check?

Plus I think we have to inform charity commission.

Anyone else we have to notify?

Any info appreciated.

dont know if it has changed in last year, but we used to do the EY2 send to Ofsted and then they used to send the forms for crb checks to the individual..

we usually had to keep an eye on dates sent and if no response call, find they claimed not to have them, (even though we sent 5 together and 2 got there as they had CRB forms!) do them again..

sorry bit cynical about all this.. too many lost bits of paper sent .. even when signed for!

Inge

We only inform the charity commission annually of the new members after the AGM. And never send a previous CRB certificate to Ofsted even if requested, only a photocopy - they seem to shred them for some reason!

just had a thought... when does the ISA thing become necessary for volunteers...

not in a setting now so not getting the info any more, but know they have been sent something about it..

did find this in my inbox which may help clarify, (not got time to read it at moment.. )

ISA guidance march 2010

Inge

As far as I know the ISA thing hasn't started yet for new staff or volunteers but I'm happy (well not but you know what I mean!) to be corrected. Ofsted CRB ALL our committee not just the nominated person (Chair in our case). Re ISA again I just keep plodding on with the usual way of doing things until I'm told otherwise as everytime I seem to get near the date they move it.

Hi all

Just to clarify...we fill out form EY2 and send to OFSTED. They then send us the CRB form? We dont have to send a CRB form ourselves?

Thanks

Pplus we also have to complete an EY3 form?

Edited by marley

That's right - they send you a blank CRB form once they receive the EY2. Then you complete it and there should be someone connected to the setting who is registered with Ofsted to check your ID on their behalf. Once this part is done it goes back to Ofsted for processing.

My guess is that Ofsted want to have sight of the CRB's carried out on the "management level" for want of a better term and then they trust them to carry out the others with an agency - but who knows how their minds work?

Thats what got me confused too! Have managed to find some useful info and yes do need to also complete EY3 (should anyone else be looking at this!).

Went to comm meeting tonight and told them about EY2 and they had no idea!! Forwarding it all onto new comm members. Have just found out only 1 staff first aid trained, none safeguarding :oxD:( So guess what Im down for doing???? Making sure that we get all staff trained and on courses!

Lots of other things to sort out...new manager needed as one on maternity leave is not coming back. I think we may struggle to get a good quality candidate given the rural loaction and strange working hours.

Lots to do and sort out! Ho-hum!

Thanks for the info all.

Guest jenpercy

given the state of affairs, its probably as well she isn't coming back. I thought from your first post that you were opening a new club, but if it is already running things are a bit more seriious over training etc..

The club is at the very least inadequate, maybe evn bad enough to close down. There are lots of checks to be done when you take over, and a full inspection within months. Whereabouts are you? Has anyone been to visit to quality assess for the local Authority? All clubs should have had a visit and you should be on special measures ie getting help from them

A bit daft - what's the point of us registering with Capita to do all our CRB's if we're still sending them to Ofsted too?

the ones Ofsted do are the only the committee / management and person in charge... it is their responsibility to check they are suitable people..

all other staff and volunteers the setting has responsibility for ensuring they are 'fit for the job'/ suitable people.. hence the need to be registered..

make it so easy dont they!

Inge

Guest jenpercy

if Club is not a member of 4Children

www.4children.org.uk

then it should be, loads of policies, guides etc. It gives grants for setting up clubs, and holds hands through process, so club may well be member. If not join NOW!!!

given the state of affairs, its probably as well she isn't coming back. I thought from your first post that you were opening a new club, but if it is already running things are a bit more seriious over training etc..

The club is at the very least inadequate, maybe evn bad enough to close down. There are lots of checks to be done when you take over, and a full inspection within months. Whereabouts are you? Has anyone been to visit to quality assess for the local Authority? All clubs should have had a visit and you should be on special measures ie getting help from them

Tell me about it!!!! I am having staff meeting tom so hopefully will get to bottom of it all and find out for sure. Thing is one of the deputies resigned 3 weeks ago too and she is our designated person etc. HAve to put an action plan forward re this but what else can we do? Getting on local LA courses for safeguarding first aid is going to be a nightmare as they have been available for booking for the last few months so will probably be fully booked for this term already.New manager and deputy and trying to recruit 2 main staff members is going to take another month especially if they have notices to work out. Have found private paediatric first aid course starting next week, one night per week for 6 weeks going to have to persuade a staff member to go on it..thats another story! Only been new committee member a few weeks...nightmare!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)