Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ict And Healthy Eating

Hi, does anyone have any good ICT resources to do with healthy eating that can be used with Nursery?

Our Nursery class is having a 'healthy eating' session where each child will bring 1 parent to come and do lots of activities. It will be based in a computer room so I need lots of things to keep them busy.

I do have a few non-ICT activities for those parents who just hate computers!

Any ideas would be most grateful. I can find lots for Y1 upwards but not many for Early Years. They must think we don't use computers.

Thanks

Vicky

Edited by vicky6

Could you make up a 'draw' programme showing lots of apples, oranges or whatever and ask the children to match two the same using a straight line in 'draw'?

is this any good?

post-13453-1272201661_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cait

Could you do some kind of sorting? I have a YR/1 class and set up an activity for my whiteboard where they had to sort different foods into the different food groups. Pictures of food were copied from the Tesco website.

I realise the food groups is too much but could you have them sorting different kinds of fruit?

There are a couple of activities on the cbeebies website - more food related than specifically healthy eating but it might be a starting point for talking for example:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/#/lb/bobinogs/foodyface

Level 1 on this activity is a fruit matching one:

http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/resources_...uits/index.html

Hope that helps - I've not really taught nursery so I could be way off the mark!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)