Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Favourite Books For Babies

mundia

Hi all

Those of you that work with babies, which books are absolute favourites with your babies?

Ive got the bookstart list but Id really like to know the tried and tested ones from those working with groups of babies.

Many many thanks

Come on Daisy

Each Peach Pear Plum

The Very Hungry Caterpillar (of course!)

Whatever Next

We're going on a Bear Hunt

Hairy Maclary

any Dr Seuss

Don't Put Your Finger in the Jelly Nelly.

That's off the top of my head. I'll have a look on the bookcase to see which others jump out.

Board books with mirrors or textures in. The black and white printed ones were pretty good. Books with pictures of babies doing the things babies do, crawling, eating, having a bottle were good to relate to. Short rhyming stories are my favourite. Sorry can t help with titles though, long time since I was in a baby setting.

for under 2's:

books we've made ourselves are popular - laminated and bound photo's of trips to our favourite woods and ones of their families

Peepo - alan alhberg

We all go travelling by, Wheres the Cat, Who are you - Barefoot books

Picture Book - Ian Beck

Picture this - Alison Jay

Run, Mouse, Run - Petr Horacek

Dorling Kindersley - My first ... books, touch and feel books

Dear Zoo

Monkey and Me - Emily Gravett

Usborne Touchy Feely books - That's not my train/kitten etc

baby einstein books - eg Mirror Me

also characters they recognise eg. little thomas/dora/wibbly pig/teletubbies/noddy hand sized board books are always popular (but pretty dull to read, although I quite like wibbly pig)

Edited by Guest

hello there,

Our under twos love:

the usbourne "that's not my......" range - great touchy feely books (with the added bonus of a mouse to find on every page!)

"Global Babies" or any other book with pics of babies

I've lost count of the time we've read "chocolate moose for greedy goose" with our toddlers - simple story with rhyming for short attention spans.

DK picture books - real photos are great.

Usbourne "look and say" range. we have ones on home, jobs and town. All essential for toddlers starting to talk as most can manage to point to and say "car" or "cat" and their self esteem goes through the roof.

Also, you can't go wrong with photo albums full of the babies in your setting.

Hope this helps!

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)