Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Registration Forms

Guest Spiral

Not at the moment, no, but that kind of thing is always useful to be aware of - you never know when Mrs O might try to pull a fast one with some questions I may not have considered. Useful to look at what is seen as current policy regarding new settings.

the guide to registration visit wasn't on the website a couple of months ago - the inspector emailed me one which i filled in before the suitable person interview and it was a real boon because she could see I knew what I was doing from the answers (well, she thought so anyway!) so it made the interview pretty painless.

would not have fancied getting committee members to complete the long form though...

Guest jenpercy
the guide to registration visit wasn't on the website a couple of months ago - the inspector emailed me one which i filled in before the suitable person interview and it was a real boon because she could see I knew what I was doing from the answers (well, she thought so anyway!) so it made the interview pretty painless.

would not have fancied getting committee members to complete the long form though...

Interesting that this is a return to the old system. Once upon a time, OFSTED did all the checks and you could find out pretty well straight away if a new staff member was approved - well that was the theory. Then OFSTED said (paraphrase) you are all rubbish about making sure that we have up to date details of staff so you now have to do it yourselves and we aren't going to check up outside of inspections, and we aren't going to give advice either cos it's all your responsibility - although we will come down HEAVY if we find out you've done it wrong. I am particularly glad to see the return of the Health declaration as we have had problems over staff with undisclosed problems.

What's the betting that none of this will be portable though. As someone who employs staff from other settings during holidays, I theoretically should be getting new CRBs on some staff 2 or 3 times a year!! If OFSTED held central info, I could be spared this grief. Theoretically, some staff that I have employed over the last 3 or so years, should never be left unsupervised with children as their CRBs always arrive after they have finished each holiday stint.

I think Ofsted still only check the Manager and committee members though, not other staff - you would still need to do health delcarations yourself for your staff and CRBs. once the ISA stuff comes in at least those will be portable...

Guest jenpercy
I think Ofsted still only check the Manager and committee members though, not other staff - you would still need to do health delcarations yourself for your staff and CRBs. once the ISA stuff comes in at least those will be portable...

Yes but CRBs won't ISA is not sufficient, CRB needed as well, so still needed with all the same old problems.

I thought from my reading (albeit with new glasses that I'm getting used to ) that new forms said to be filled out if you work with children. Certainly to my knowledge, committee members have never had to do Health decs before