Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Digital Passport

sam2368

Hi all

I'm thinking of buying one of these to store all of my work stuff on rather than having a few memory sticks with bits and pieces on. Does anyone have one and can you recommend or advise against?

The feedback on amazon is mixed with some saying the usbs are shakey, others say they're great.

Any feedback from you guys is greatly appreciated, as ever!

Sam

Not sure what a digital passport is but I use windows office live workspace - its free, I can upload my files to it and then edit them from any other computer with internet access. Its fab 'cos I'm always forgetting to put things on my memory stick then take that into work with me...! Also I think google allow you to do it with documents too. Don't know what the maximum size of files I can store is but there are definitely lots of free ways to store stuff digitally - its probably worth exploring a little

Lucy

I have had two western digitals but wouldn't recommend. Both just stopped working within 6 months and I couldn't retrieve any of my data.

I have had a Buffalo [Argos] for quite a long time now and touch wood it is still going strong. I couldn't live without it now.......you just need to remember to regularly back it up because if it does break its a lot of data to lose.

Not sure what a digital passport is but I use windows office live workspace

That's good to know Lucy - our laptop/internet dongle/printer is finally being installed/delivered next week (from the capital funding grant) and this sounds like the perfect remedy for my forgetfulness! Must speak to my technical support department when he gets home tonight!

Maz

mmm, can't always guarantee internet at work. I think, after looking at feedback (some of which matches yours debbington) I'll just go for more memory sticks but categorise and back up more efficiently.

Thanks for your responses as ever

Sam

I loved mine.....................until it/ they died...................and I lost heaps of work. The first time I thought it was just a fluke but the second time was too much. Although they have a 2 year guarantee and will replace them I was worried about all my confidential data being on it.

I couldn't go back to memory sticks now but I try to make sure I regularly back it up......speaking of eeek ...................................

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)