Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Polling Card Shock....

Our polling cards arrived today....

Imagine how happy my 16 year old daughter was to recieve hers...

Jordan for PM-

"Can this be used as fake ID?"

which one says that degrees are given away?

Maybe, Coleen for PM...

So! you'll be pleased to now I have notified said electoral office of their blunder.

However, the scary thing is- this came about because my husband is prone to just filling signing posting and he just saw "people who live in your house" so he wrote who lives in the house. One can only be grateful that it wasn't one of his facetious, anti establishment moments. We could quite possibly taking, Fluffy, Dommy, Garfy, Poppy and Paris (Guess who owns her!) to the polling station to vote for Felix.

so- it's official, NO checks are made as to whether the names you submit even exist or are elligible to vote.... and we dare to question the legality of other nations voting systems??

xD:( :(

But no, seriously now that's not good is it? :wacko:

I'm seriously impressed that your husband fills in forms (even if he needs to take more care! :( ) mine just leaves all such matters to me...........mind you that is probably safer! :o

and I'd just like to apologise for all the spelling mistakes... no excuses really, other than not thinking properly...

but back to this incident:

I think you'll find that your husband also needed to sign to say that the information he provided was genuine and it is actually an offence to provide fraudulent information. The forms clearly ask for date of birth if the person is under a certain age. :o

I'm not certain how you think they would check otherwise. The only time there is a thorough check on the population is during a census every 10 years. xD

Guest jenpercy

many years ago my son received his first voting card for - Susan instead of simon. It wasn't anything we said but a complete mistake. we told him to complain but he just decided not to vote

I think you'll find that your husband also needed to sign to say that the information he provided was genuine and it is actually an offence to provide fraudulent information. The forms clearly ask for date of birth if the person is under a certain age. :o

I'm not certain how you think they would check otherwise. The only time there is a thorough check on the population is during a census every 10 years. xD

What's the point of it being an offence to provide fraudulent information if no one is checking? Also they should check by running the names/dates of birth through some sort of system. Surely they have one is the population is checked every ten years otherwise what would happen to the system that issues national security numbers to those over sixteen? Plus if it asks for dates of birth and the one provided is under age surely someone should be checking that!

I thought that you were asked to put down the names (and ages) of people aged 16 and 17, because they may then be 18 by the time the list was used in an election.

ohh I know fraudulent- hence phoning to clear it up! I also told them my husband was a total incompetent and questioned whether he should have the vote as well...

I also told them my husband was a total incompetent and questioned whether he should have the vote as well...

Well he must be quite discriminating though, zlw. He chose you, after all! So perhaps he can be trusted to vote after all! :o

Maz

ahh this is true- but as I'm sure you are aware man has a strong "survival instinct"- his is stronger than most and he realised the only way to make it through adulthood was in the same way he made it through childhood- attached to a good woman!

Having said that- as a scientist he has a good brain for analysing extremely important data related to and extracted from worm poo which makes him highly emminent in his field- although how many people are actually in that field is another question one may ask!

It must be love!!!

ahh this is true- but as I'm sure you are aware man has a strong "survival instinct"- his is stronger than most and he realised the only way to make it through adulthood was in the same way he made it through childhood- attached to a good woman!

Having said that- as a scientist he has a good brain for analysing extremely important data related to and extracted from worm poo which makes him highly emminent in his field- although how many people are actually in that field is another question one may ask!

It must be love!!!

:oxD:(:(