Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Talking Photo Albums

Hi

Haven't been here for ages but I'm sure one of you clever people will be able to help. I have been given a talking photo album from work and asked to 'do something with it'. Just wondering if anyone else has used these and how you used it.

Thanks

Sally

we have been showen how to use them to make a talking book, by putting in the photos for each page and telling a story I am nto sure how easy this is to do as we have never got reound to getting one.

I am not sure but could they be used to make transitions books with pictures from the setting and home in them to help the children to settle. I am sure there are millions of other ideas this may be another thing to add onto my wish list x

we will be getting one with our Play At It equipment, they told us that it could be used by SEN children that have problems talking so you would have pictures of different things to do with that child, while you or anyone else looked at it with them it help you to be more interacted with them. Have not tried yet as we have our second course and receive all the items on thursday 22nd April.

Rosemarie

Ours have 24 pages each with 10 seconds recording time. We have used them for talking books and for photos of the children with each child saying "my name is...". The children love this and look at the books again and again. We are planning to use one with a child on the autistic spectrum for routines/visual timetable type of things.

Beehive

We have used them in conjunction with our children's digital cameras . The children took photos of our town - they were out and about like roving photographers taking pics of the library, the firestation , the school, the church , we printed them off and the children recorded a book about their town . I think it just about ticked every learning area box there is - and its been looked at daily too. Dizzzzz

Sorry - just wanted to add - other groups and their key workers did other things involving using the digital cameras then putting the pics into the recordable book - shapes in the environment, treasure in the environmemt ( they used the hand held metal detectors and took photos of things that bleeped ) , colour , and numbers all around us ( photos of different coloured objects and pics of house numbers , prices in shop windows etc ) we have had huge fun and success with ours which we bought in a set of 5 from TTs .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)