Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Just Had A Lovely Morning

Panders

My deputy is leaving after 18 years in a couple of weeks' time. We were wondering what we could do to mark the occasion and came up with the idea of a Memories book and a dvd. We wrote to past families and invited them in this morning to write in the special book we had bought and to say their piece to video so that we can burn it on to dvd, current families will get their chance over the next couple of weeks.

We had a great response and some of the teenagers returning were absolutely delightful and listening to everyone reminisce was just fabulous, we had out as many photograph collections as we could find, the oohs and ahhs and giggles were very infectious - it was a shame we couldn't have had the member of staff there - she would have loved it. Some of the younger ones have made her pictures and cards which are really touching, and apart from the occasional camera fright the dvd should amuse her.

We could take a collection and buy her umpteen wonderful gifts, but this I am sure she will really treasure and she can look at at her leisure and have a few tears when the mood takes her.

What a WOW day it will be for your deputy and everyone involved in your setting, I bet you got some lovely memories to keep and share. I'm sure it will be a wonderful day to remember forever. A great idea well worth keeping in mind for myself and others to use in the future.

Good luck to your deputy.

BMG

What a terrific idea - it's lovely to see what happens to the children when they have grown up after leaving you.

I've got one of my ex pupils coming to me for work experience this year - poor girl must have been traumatised :o

As everyone says a bulk supply of tissues is a pre-requisite for the day as I'm sure your deputy won't be the only one welling up either - you must all think very highly of her to have come up with such a thoughtful way of marking her leaving.

What a terrific idea - it's lovely to see what happens to the children when they have grown up after leaving you.

I've got one of my ex pupils coming to me for work experience this year - poor girl must have been traumatised xD

Oh yes - I've experienced this too!

Trouble is they expect you to remember everything about them and to be able to recount how they were at 3 years of age :(

have to confess I have said really vague things like "oh you were lovely" when truth be told I can't remember a single thing about them! :o:(