Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Letter To New Parents/children

Hi all,

As we are soon to get the list of children who will be joining reception in september, I am trying to come up with a little introduction letter/pack to send to the parents/children. Just wondered if anyone has any ideas of the sorts of things I should include or even an example of theirs to see!

Thanks! x

Something that I was going to start, especially for those children who will be starting in our reception but haven't attended our nursery, was a photo book or some other layout. It was a suggestion made to me by another teacher I was talking to. She had introduced it after consulting with the parents. The photos just showed parts of the school and classroom (ie: a photo of where the children will eat their lunch, the cloakroom, the outside space etc, each with a little caption describing it). It went down really well with both the parents and the children as it helped them to talk with their children about the move.

prospectus_no_photos.docx

Here is our prospectus....

I have had to take out the photos though - not for confidentiality! - but cos it makes the document too big...

They were things with the children actively engaged in different areas of learning with a comment underneath...

really messy, dressing up, in the sand, cooking, outside, in the rain, etc.

Hope this helps again!

:o

prospectus_no_photos.docx

Here is our prospectus....

I have had to take out the photos though - not for confidentiality! - but cos it makes the document too big...

They were things with the children actively engaged in different areas of learning with a comment underneath...

really messy, dressing up, in the sand, cooking, outside, in the rain, etc.

Hope this helps again!

:o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)