Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Dream

I had a dream last night that Ofsted turned up at our pre-school. They graded us 'good with outstanding features' (nice one, cheers guys).

But what does this mean? Does it mean we should expect them next week? Does it mean we will get a satisfactory or inadequate for being cocky? Does it mean I am spending far too much time on pre-school related things and need a good break?

Has anyone else ever had an Ofsted dream and what happened next ...??? :o

I dreamt that they turned up at my house and were furious at the way I treat my own children!

Thankfully that hasn't happened yet!

Jane x

I've had quite a few actually - in one I'd left the iron on (I never iron so that was a bit random) and in another one I got inadequate because she said my spanish accent wasn't good enough (I try to speak some spanish for one child who's mum is spanish speaking) :o

I dreamt that they turned up at my house and were furious at the way I treat my own children!

Twice in recent months I have heard of childminders in my area having their 7-8 month inspection and in BOTH cases the Inspector has stated that they have concerns about how the childminder has managed the behaviour of their own child and the impact this has/could have on the minded children!!!!!!!!! xD

I think you can imagine how they've felt.

One of them has been working with multiple agencies for 3 years for her son and follows behaviour management strategies that they've advised. Her son is in the process of being statmented and the Inspector "backed down" when Mum mentioned this, although it was still hinted at in her published report.

The other is devastated!! The Inspector stated her thoughts, in quite strong terms, in front of her child, said she'd have to take advice from her manager as to whether they could conclude the Inspection by phone or whether she'd have to return. She then returned the very next day! The childminder is receiving support and encouragement to consider a formal complaint about the Inspector and the Inspection process.

I appreciate that there may be genuine concerns about the impact of childminding on the childminder's own family (been there, done that!) and some children don't find it easy to accept other children in THEIR home, with THEIR toys and taking up THEIR Mum's time and attention and I don't think that Inspector's making and vocalising judgements like this in front of those children is helpful to them or the childminder! :o

The only other local childminder to share her experiences recently is the one who was told, BEFORE the Inspector set foot in her home, that "just because you got Outstanding last time, doesn't mean you'll get it this time!" (she got Good)

Stories like these lead to the fear of Ofsted and I can honestly say if I didn't know these people well, personally, I'd think they'd been dreamed up to give us all nightmares!

Nona

After receiving an outstanding ofsted report, I continually dreamed that they returned the following week and found us inadequate stating that they had no idea who the previous 'ofsted inspector' was!!!!

This happened 10 months ago and the dreams are beginning to be less frequent. However the pressure is on to remain on top.

Oh and by the way, I hadn't filled out our SEF either.

Debbie :o

I dream about work most nights - I and the kids were in a plane crash, one died before I could save him and when I was in tears telling his mum, she shrugged and said 's**t happens!' I woke up in tears.

The best was when I dreamt I was a secret police officer and had been on an undercover assignment for 3 years as the nursery teacher. We had a big party at work during which I nicked the owner for fraud - then stood up and belted out a Whitney song to rapturus applause from the parents, staff, kids and fellow coppers. Ofsted were at the back and gave me an Outstanding contribution to music award :o

(my singing makes babies cry!)

Edited by Guest

hi -Yalisrib that made me laugh so much :(:(

The worst thing that happens to me is a wake up suddenly in the night, and panic because I've fallen asleep and I don't know where the children are xD

This has been a reaccurring thing for many years and even though I've now moved from a nursery environment to a nanny position it still happens all the time!!

Does anyone else get this or am I just one of a kind??? :o

me too - after an exhausting day I fell asleep in the chair with my laptop on my lap waiting for something to dowmload. My son was out at football and I woke to the doorbell ringing as he arrived home about 20 minutes later. I woke up so disorientated I thought it was morning and the childminding children were arriving and I went into complete panic because i hadn't tidied up and got ready for the day and I was drooling from having been asleep :o

The best was when I dreamt I was a secret police officer and had been on an undercover assignment for 3 years as the nursery teacher. We had a big party at work during which I nicked the owner for fraud - then stood up and belted out a Whitney song to rapturus applause from the parents, staff, kids and fellow coppers. Ofsted were at the back and gave me an Outstanding contribution to music award :o

(my singing makes babies cry!)

That is brilliant - glad someone else dreams in such depth! :(

I have various 'worry' dreams over the years..........one awful one where I had taken the children on an outing to the seaside......they were all swept away by a freak wave........makes me shiver even now......

Another where my deputy kept 'setting up' in the middle of the road.......as quickly as I moved the children back inside she was leading them out of the back door and into the road again!

Wonder what it all means.......do we need professional help? :(xD

Oh these posts have made me roar with laughter so thank you for that!!!

Yalisrib I read yours to my daughter and she is still giggling now!!

Should we worry do you think that we are having such random thoughts whilst sleeping???!!!!

Oh these posts have made me roar with laughter so thank you for that!!!

Yalisrib I read yours to my daughter and she is still giggling now!!

Should we worry do you think that we are having such random thoughts whilst sleeping???!!!!

I told myself it is the stress, workload, pressure, blah blah blah. It has to come out of the system somehow and it is a heck of a lot cheaper than therapy!

I told myself it is the stress, workload, pressure, blah blah blah. It has to come out of the system somehow and it is a heck of a lot cheaper than therapy!

I think this Forum counts as therapy! :o

Nona

I've never dreamt about Ofsted but I do dream about work regulary.

The lastest was we had run out of space at work, so my bosses were having a meeting in my kitchen at home. funny thing can't swing the cat in my kitchen but all 4 co ordinators, centre manager and administrator were all in there round a table.