Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Flexibility Allowance

titchy

Can someone help me im really confused. Can you get a grant/ allowance or something for opening longer hrs. I want to offer afternoons as I am currently a pre-school setting offering only morning sessions and a setting that I know in Stevenage gets an allowance for staying open in the afternoons even if they don't have many children.

one you will have to ask your LEA about.. some areas do it others don't..

the setting I used to run gets one.. but it is a small amount added per funded child.. not an additional payment ...

same as they get more for having EYPS and in area of deprivation.. they have it all!

Inge

This may well come down to what your Local Authority's childcare sufficiency audit found - if demand outstrips places then your LA may well have grants available for groups such as yours to expand. However if in your are there are more spaces for children then they might not be so keen to support you in increasing your opening hours.

As Inge says, the best people to speak to are your Local Authority!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)