Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Childrens Books

Hi Just a quick question. I work in a preschool. Do any of you have books just for the children to draw in etc and when that is finished they take that home and you give a new one. Can we do that. just wanted to know. thank you Dorinda

No we don't have books like that in our pre-school - children either take drawings home or they go into their special books, whichever they want (and sometimes they do both because we photocopy the really special ones!).

I can't see any reason why you shouldn't provide them though - a nice record of each child's drawing development.

Maz

We do as Maz says above - each child is also given their own scrapbook when they join us - this may take them their whole time to use up - or as in some cases they fill it with whatever they wish rather more quickly and have another one. They use it to draw in, cut out things and stick in, do things like leaf prints in all manner of things. They show these to parents when they come in to see their learning journeys. We stick photos in them if they want to as well - these are usually extra ones that have been printed off.

I used to have something like that. Each child had an excersice book. They would use it to write down what everyone wanted for snack, what they thought of the book they'd taken home, a discovery they'd made playing in the sand or with the paint, anything that gave them a reason to write and then I'd show the parent when they collected 'oh Tom wanted to tell you this about the story today'.

Too many children were telling me they couldnt write, they didnt know how, so I told them if they wrote it I might need their help because everyones writting was different but I'd try my best.

It wsnt a drawing book as such, that was done on nay paper to hand and taken home as they wanted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)