Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Flower Shop

Hi everyone. I'm new to the Forum, and I just want to say that I think that it's brilliant. Everyone seems so helpful.

At the minute I am looking for some help and ideas. I am trying to set up a Flower shop in my nursery, and so far I had thought of setting out real flowers and fake; having the children buy some and then using our junk art table to make some - as you can see I havent got much in the way of a creative mind, and although I have a couple of ideas I seem to be going nowhere with them!! Any ideas??

PS This is the first time I have posted a message so I hope I have done it right!!

Hi Goldilocks and welcome to the forum. And yes you have posted just right.

Is it a florists as opposed to a garden centre that you are doing?

Linda

Welcome to the site!

I have set up a flower shop on various occasions and it has always been a great hit with the children!

Bought lots of fake flowers plants mainly in the £1 shops.Added in some real flowers(ones that were cheap!!! Bought bedding plants and potted them up.Had tissue paper,ribbons,small cards,flower leaflets,register,real money,pens,paper.

Laminated pictures and names of flowers and put around role play area.

Enjoy!!

Hi Goldilocks - welcome to the site,

What a lovely idea!

I read on here somewhere that someone had scented their tissue paper with essential oils / perfumes which I thought was a brillient idea - you could then make flowers that not only look good but smell good too!

Some more CD ideas could include

- Making the paper that flowers are wrapped in to make a bouquet (sp?) by printing patterns

- Using oasis (that wierd sandy stuff) to make mothers day gifts

Lots of great ideas there, so it's hard to add much...

Telephone and order book?

Make flowers from constuct-o-straws, if you have them.

Egg-box daffodils? (use egg boxex to make the trumpets).

Many, many thanks for all your ideas. I just went out and bought some cheap fake flowers and other items today for the florists shop, and I am starting to collect the other bits and pieces that you all suggested.

Thanks again.

Hi goldilocks we did a garden this week in the hopme corner as our topic was spring.

Had a big box with compost in, seeds , tissue paper flowers, spades, watering cans and plastic lawnmowers. Instead of out carpets undre we put plastic sheeting.

Did make a bit of a mess but the children loved it !!!!!!! :oxD

pic_1.doc

Hali

That looks fab!! I shall definitely mention this idea to my students when we do role play in a few weeks.

It supports everything I tell them about giving children real experiences. Did the children think it was funny having soil indoors? And what did the staff think - are they open to these sort of ideas or do you have a bit of a struggle?

I shall add this to my ideas folder - thanks!!

Maz

Errrr... children thought it was fantastic, engrossed all week.

Staff were mixed but put up with it lots of sweeping but the learning and fun the children were having made it all worth while..(was one of the staff members ideas- shes brilliant) :D

Shhhhhh dont tell them but the next time we do holidays or summer im going to have a beach!!!!!! xD:(:(:(:o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)