Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Daily Record

Hi everyone,

I'm just having a reflective moment.......

I'm trying to streamline my end of the day review (personal), a kind of record of events,.....and am stuck! Usually, i record what toys and equipment the children accessed (inside and out), what resources they used in the creative area, stories and audio tapes listened to, fab child led moments, adult initiated learning, and any other significant (IMHO) details. The trouble is that I'm writing more and more! can anyone tell me how they record 'what they've done each day'? oh, I forgot to mention that I teach in a nursery class attached to a school!

Do you or have you considered a reflective journal/diary at all? This could be contributed to by all of your team and could be the very things you metnion which you can relfect back on as a team, or yourself if that is tricky. A couple of settings I support are using this appraoch and are finding it relaly helpful, easier to manage because its all in one place, and because its less 'formal' all of the staff are happier to make contributions to it. They arent chapter and verse, very much notes, but they can be anything from that activity being very popular to this part of the session didn't work too well today..

Whatever you decide, please make sure that you're not doubling up on any writing, so if you are already writing this sort of info on your plans (as reflections or evaluations) then you dont want to repeat it elsewhere.

Im sure other members will come along with other ideas too.

I've kept a log book for years and do it in a page a day A4 diary. Recording comings and goings, daily happenings of any note, conversations I've had with parents or external people, sometimes a phone call I've made that I may need to recall. I log how many children may be off with a particular bug or whatever, any letters I've sent out. Conversations with staff about specifics - how a new planning format is working (or not), changes to shift patterns etc. It's good to reflect back on too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)