Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sef And Committee

skippy

Hi Just wondering if anyone has had much input from their committee? I taking mine to our committee meeting next month as they are interested but not sure how much detail to give/offer. The guidance is quiet a big document has anyone broken it down to simplify it?

Sorry there are a lot of questions there!

Skippy

Hi, I actually completed ours for our setting, but them I'm a weird kind of chair of committee as I have a background in education.

What I'd advise if they are not 'educationally literate' would be to simply give them the list of priorities and perhaps the sections on management/leadership.

I have to be honest my committee have had no input whatsoever. They aren't really as hands on as I would wish, so seemed a pointless exercise. That said their views as parents (which they are) were included.

I feel that the senior staff team were much better placed to write the SEF, but hey, wouldn't I have loved to have off loaded it if I could!!

my committee had no input either and do not want to spend time reading it.... One has education background as she is a headteacher but no time or inclination to read it, which is no surprise.

I sent my committee a copy of ours for them to read....but it seems like something else that they can scrutinse, question us about - it is sometimes just too much information for them......you need to work at the setting to appreciate what, how and when and why we do things... :o

I sent my committee a copy of ours for them to read....but it seems like something else that they can scrutinse, question us about - it is sometimes just too much information for them......you need to work at the setting to appreciate what, how and when and why we do things... :o

My 2 co-chairs had versions emailed to them, as I was writing it, as I was quite new, I don't think they added anything, but I know they did read through it

Clare

Guest Spiral

I've juat asked at the odd c'tee meeting 'do you mind if i can use that in the SEF'?

No-one's shown an interest (thank heavens) and so I've been able to show Ofsted they have been involved a little, but in actuality they really haven't - to be honest, with my c'tee I'd be worried as they'd take it and rewrite it at the moment!

Ho hum, aren't committee's an adventure?!!! :o

Spiral

I want to just add that my committee are really great it just gets a bit tedious explaining the difference in early years than other business's......as you all know it is soo different managing a nursery compared to managing another company....my committee are all business people and quite high flyers so at the top of their game, which is great to a certain extent.....but like I said and like we all know there have been so many changes in our professsion, alongside government initiatives, statutory requirements and endless research that I am sure they do not have the time to stay up to date with it all....it's hard enough for us....I have a reading pile by my bed that is sooo big it is demoralising.....all stuff I need to read to keep updated with everything...so sometimes I find it draining to have to go over everything with them....I want to be able to say 'trust me' I will do it to the best of my ability and come running for help when I need it.... :oxD:(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)