Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Food At Snack Times

I am sure we are all aware of additives and their effects they may have, but one I was not aware of until today is found in bread... which many of us serve regularly to the children.

E282 Calcium propionate (mould inhibitor)

Found in: bread products

Linked with: aggression, hyperactivity and stomach ache.

this explains the behavour of one of our children, everytime he has toast at snack time. We noticed it within a week of him starting with us, and after eliminating all other food products felt that bread was the cause of his behaviour change. No one believed us, but he always has a behaviour change after eating toast. i am now off to check the bread we use and change brand if I can find one without it to try it out.

More information onthis and other additives which can be useful can be found here GM.TV

(this is a website which changes articles regularly so after time may not be available)

Inge

our children come from varied backgrounds and for some it is their breakfast!! hence the bread , we decided it better than biscuits, we do have crackers and other foods too sometimes but they always ask where is the toast? Cannot imagine making bread for 40 children every day, I do at home but I know my limitations and costs need to be considered.

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)