Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Please

I started my FD in sep, for one of my modules this semester I have to produce a play activity that links to a pioneer ant their principles, have been looking at froebel, montessori etc, my mind is blank ! It has to be a poster demonstrating the activity or a power point presentation, I then have to write a 2000 word assignment to go with it. Just can't think of a suitable activity, any ideas would be greatly received. Thanks :o

Bruner - Scaffolding. You do that all the time without even thinking about it.

Just a simple puzzle activity where you talk the child through finding the sides first, using the picture as a guide, matching colours, etc. Then allowing them to take over as they get more competent.

• 3 weeks later...

I also started my FD in September and I really struggle linking theorists with my work. This module I have to do an interactive display and link it with either communication literacy or language..........and of course the theorists have to be in there also in my assignment.

I thought of my target child ... want to develop sustained shared thinking and listening skills........... now does this come under communication...language or literacy? I have to focus on one of those even though they are all interlinked.

My display is going to be around the seaside as that is his interest...sand and water.

Any suggestions what I could include in my display to encourage sustained shared thinking and listening skills? and equally important what theorist... Bruner...Vygotsky..Chomsky? who... as u can see I am totally lost in this maze of learning lol

Any suggestions to guide me here would really be appreciated.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)