Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parents Tolieting Other People's Children?

We have a number of parents that have started to leave their children waiting outside with another parent for 10 minutes or so before opening time.

If that child needs the toilet would you let the parent that was looking after them take them to the toilet or not?

The same query if another parent is collecting them at home time... would you let them take the other child to the toilet at home time?

We have parent helpers each day but they know they are not allowed to take other people's children to the toilet but is this scenario any different?

I would maybe think that if the parent of the child has trusted the other parent enough to leave their child with them then it would be ok.

Maybe a note to all parents saying something about you are aware this is happening and would like to remind them that the children remain the responsibility of of the parents/carer until - this includes all personal care routines?

It might make the parents think about who they leave their children with and if they are happy for them to carry out these tasks for their children.

I would maybe think that if the parent of the child has trusted the other parent enough to leave their child with them then it would be ok.

That's the way I see it too xD

Not my responsibility until I 'open the door' at 9am :(:o

I would only have left my children with trusted friends and wouldn't have had any concerns with these friends taking them to the loo

I think that I wouldn't count them as being 'at the setting', and therefore my responsibility, until the person who is bringing them has handed them over and left. What arrangements the parents make with their friends is up to them and none of the settings business really. Similarly, once they have been handed over at the end to whoever is picking them up.

That's the way I see it too xD

Not my responsibility until I 'open the door' at 9am :(:o

I would only have left my children with trusted friends and wouldn't have had any concerns with these friends taking them to the loo

Your comments were my first thoughts!!!!!

Agree with others...

BUT

I would make a point of mentioning it in a newsletter or letter to parents as we found it could be parents who happened to be waiting with children to come in who did this.. not a,ways friends or well known to each other.. often not really knowing the person but as thy were in the setting waiting.....

bit different on collection but all the same they were often only known because children attended the setting and no more..

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)