Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Different Ways To Paint - Whats Your Favourite?

blondie

we have tried many ways of painting/printing - but would like some new ideas . the childrens favourite is tight painting -

you cut a pair of cheap / used(but washed) tights in half then place resources in the foot of the tight - rice, pasta or dried peas etc into the foot of the tight - dip it into a tray of liquid paint then the children bounce the tight onto their paper - not too much paint is good as they can then see the print of rice, pasta etc

what is your childrens favourite way of painting/ printing?

Edited by blondie

ohhh, I think I'll have to give that I go....we've used tights to print onto & then wrapped the tights around wire coat hangers to make giant flowers in the garden.

Have you used balls & biscuit tins? Dip the ball in paint & then roll around a lined biscuit tin?

Our kids loved using the turkey basters I brought to paint on large pieces of paper. Water & food colouring work well with that one.

We have a selection of shoes that the kids can use to walk/paint in.....can't think off anything else at the mo....

Ohh & they seem to like adding things too the paint & using hands, ie sand, glitter etc...

used teabags soaked in paint and splatted onto paper from a height. (they do burst sometimes, but that adds to the texture! (If you don't want them to burst, wrap them in a nappy liner or wet wipe)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)