Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Visual Timetable

I have been trying to save myself time by trying to find a set of visual timetable pictures suitable for a preschool child 3 years old. So far i've had no luck. Sparkleboxes ones are not suitable and i cant find any alternative sites. Has anyone got a set?

The ones they make I understand are almost like "matchstick men", but it does mean that for all the nurseries/schools in the area who participate get the same basic images for things like - tidy up time, home time, etc., so when the children move on to other settings they recognise the images.

Our PVI uses photos of the children participating in the various activities throughout the day- having breakfast, lunch, tea, playing outside, circle time, tidying up etc. I know this will not save you time but we find that they generate a lot of interest, and language, talking about what they and their freinds are doing in each photo. I don't think pictures of matchstick men would have the same impact.

I think the photographs are obviously a great idea - we have plenty of photographs of the children in any case doing all the types of things that happen in the pre-school at any time to discuss with the children be they special needs or not. the idea is, as I have said that the images used are universal to our area and so when using them with a child moving onto a new setting they know exactly what it means which should cut down any anxiety they may have during transition times, particularly a child with ASD.

I use photos and they are brilliant!! Im 1-1 with a little boy for 2 days and he really likes them and they are unique to him, we coverd a shoebox in postman pat pics and i made a slot for him to post them when hes finished with them, his mum loved them too as she can take pictures of stuff to help at home like dinner bath bed time ect......

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)