Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Government Funding

Candy

Hello,

Hope you can help. One of my families has just asked if I can accept the government funding for thier 3 year old. They would like to split thier 15 hours funding between myself and a local preschool. I am not sure what I need to do or if this is possible.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

I think it depends on the criteria your Local Authority have set for delivery of the flexible entitlement, Candy. I've heard different things from childminders who work in different LAs - some can claim the funding and some can't. Probably the best people to talk to are either your local early years team or your network co-ordinator.

In my opinion if the Government is truly committed to providing flexible early years education and care for families, then the funding should be able to be accessed wherever the child experiences the EYFS. Of course that might mean you have to go through a few hoops in terms of meeting the funding criteria, and there is the small matter of whether the funding will cover your hourly fees!

I'll be interesting to see the responses here to your query - perhaps there are childminders on here from your Local Authority. Where are you based?

Maz

Hi Maz

Thanks for your fast response

I am based in Essex. I am not sure how much the government hourly rate is.

I am only just starting to look into this as most of the 3 year olds I have cared for have gone on to day care at this stage.

I am based in Essex. I am not sure how much the government hourly rate is.

Well let's see if any other Essex members can come and enlighten you! And let's hope the Essex funding is... well if not generous, at least adequate!

Maz

We share our funding with an 'accredited' childminder in Essex, please don't quote me be I think the criteria is that you have to be accredited.

For the life of me I can't remember what our funding is an hour, I don't do the bills anymore so can't remember the figures off-hand....but I might be around £3.70.

xx

In my area you have to be accredited - this is quite a long process, it took me about 6mths, you have to have a level 3 qualification to be accredited,once accredited you have monitoring visits and unannounced visits from the childminding network team.

funding can be shared between 2 providers and in my area it's about 8.56 per 2 and half hour session, I beleive this is going up to 3hrs soon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)