Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Changing Things

Hi all. Have got Changing things as a topic title for my Reception/Yr1 class. Just wondering if anyone has any exciting and inspiring ideas to help me!!? Many thanks and have a good half term everyone!

do you mean simple things such as, corn/popcorn, jelly cubes/liquid/jelly? or take a box or two and what can we change it into?

It's a fairly open theme - just wanted some ideas to start it with a bang until I can see what the kids are interested in. Jelly is a good idea straight away! Thanks

We were discussing in the dinosaur thread about making a working volcano - that might start things with some excitement especially for the boys.

One of the other forum members had a great reaction when making individual yorkshire puddings with the children - do you have any cooking facilities in your area?

Are you using the Samrties book for mixed age planning? We've got the same them for next term, but I'm keeping it really broad. I've sent the children home with talk homework to talk about things that change / how things change / ways we can change things etc, 'What would you like to find out more about?' to bring their ideas back for a class discussion first session back to plan where the theme might take us.

At the moment I'm thinking melting / freezing, dissolving, lots of cooking, also how we've changed from babies, recycling, caterpillars etc, fairy stories with magic changes in... We'll see what they want to do!

Not sure whether this would fit.......

I was looking through old family photographs with my 8 year old granddaughter she was absolutely intrigued by the 'negatives' so I explained about 'old' cameras, films, developing etc. - so funny to think that todays children only know about digital cameras........

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)