Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pogo Photo Printer

xD It gets easier to use the more you use it - honestly! I find holding the switch until the light comes on works best for me. Just waiting now for the delivery of the extra paper I ordered because it was a bargain!! :(

Having mastered the Pogo with my existing mobile phone (photos printed and deleted immediately!) I'll now have to master it with 2 new bits of technology :wacko: We have a Childminder Conference on the 27th and as a reward for attending on a Saturday we're all being given a digital camera :( (think I'd rather have the cash!)

More excitingly - my lovely hubby has got me a Blackberry!!! :( Once I've got the hang of that (don't hold your breath, I'm a bit of a technophobe!) I'll be able to email and use the FSF wherever I am :o My 15 year old daughter thinks it's HILARIOUS and is confident I'll constantly be asking her to sort it out. I'm SO determined too prove her wrong!

Nona

I'm SO determined too prove her wrong!

Good for you nona! I love my Blackberry - great for responding to emails quickly especially when the University contacts us about great training events and places are given on a 'first come first served' basis.

These printers look great - just wondering whether I can justify the expense when things are so tight for us at the moment. Great for so many purposes though.

So what has the cost per photo come down to now nona, with your great deal on the paper?

Maz

After reading all the posts about this cool gadget, I have persuaded the comittee to purchase one, have ordered it from Amazon and got a bundle deal of Printer + 30 films +70 films all for £36.00. I will add my review here when it arrives and I have tried it out, anything that makes updating learning journeys, not to mention adding photo's of resources to trays and displays quicker is great.

Claire x

Maz - I got a pack of 70 for £9.38 (free P&P) which works out at 13.4p each photo - well worth the cost in terms of saving time, paper and glue when using the computer or photo printer I think!

Keep checking on-line before you buy - I've seen them for £19.99!

Nona

Maz - I got a pack of 70 for £9.38 (free P&P) which works out at 13.4p each photo - well worth the cost in terms of saving time, paper and glue when using the computer or photo printer I think!

I can't remember how much my laser costs per colour copy but I think it is less than 13p - and all the annotation and inserting photos is done at the same time. So I'm not sure whether this would be of much benefit to me for the majority of pages that go into our children's special books.

However, where I can see a huge benefit is when the children are deciding what to put in their special books - the ability for them to stick in their own photos and decide what to write about is just fantastic. Great for CLL and also for ICT.

See how clever I am at talking myself around? :o

Maz

My children did some chopsticks activities this week, one of which was picking up 'noodles' (string) with chopsticks and then counting how many they'd got, (More than Susan?) and then laying them out on card by order of height and sticking them down, the pogo photos of them doing the activity were stuck to it straight away - brilliant - much better than transferring them to the computer, then to the printer, cutting them out and sticking them on. It was a whizz!!

I won't be doing it for every photo, but for something like that it was just right!!!

well I ve got mine and am already totally hooked!!!when I can get at it for my daughter printing her photos off for her scrap book -they re the perfect size apparently!!!

I ve got some fab pictures of the toddler i was caring for making pancake mix then tossing the pancake .I picked out the best and they took no time to print off and stick into his daily diary and mum was delighted !

After seeing this thread I ordered one, have been having a play and it is easy to use. Went into PC World with hubby, he was looking for something computerish and I had a wander.

I found packs of 10 sheets for 47p and 30 sheets for £1.97 AND they were buy one, get one free!! They only had a few packs so I asked and they said they were clearance stock and they wouldn't be getting any more but it may be worth a ring or look in your local PC World store. Hope someone else bags a bargain.

Hi,

Have ordered a pogo which is arriving Monday.

i tried at local PC world today and the guy knew exactly what I was talking about and even quoted the discounted prices but they had none left. He kindly went and looked out the back of the store but couldn't find any. Hope we will still be able to get hold of the papers if stores are no longer selling them.

Nicky Sussex :oxD

Oh good, I got 3 packs with the printer I ordered so that should keep me going for a while.

Nicky Sussex xD:(

Famous last words, Nicky! I seem to print out more because it's quicker and easier :o

Nona

Blimey, strawberryserge - I thought I was impulsive! :o

I'm glad you're all liking it though, was a little worried you might not be as smitten with PoGo-ing as me!

Nona

"OMG! I read this thread last night 6pm, went on the misco site to look, decided I would like one. And it arrived this morning!! And I love it! WOW!"

Me too! :o

I have mine now WoW its brilliant, took into work on Monday and two children watched the photo's print out and put them into a little pot, had a practitioner stood by them writing down all the wonderful things they were saying like 'oh look remember when so and so did that' its also really good for popping a photo into home communication and dual setting books, the print quality is great although they are small.

Claire x

Just ordered mine from Play.com. I see that packs of 90 papers are about to be introduced. Perhaps we should keep this thread going so that we always know where the cheapest papers are!

Good idea, LJW!

A parent I mind for works for a large office supplies company so I've got him on the case, in the hope that bulk buying will be cheaper! He saves me a fortune on ink and paper, bless him! :o

Nona

Hi,

Just tried my pogo printer and as you have all said it's fantastic and can really see how useful it will be at school.

Now to work out which pictures are urgent and which can wait!!!!

Nicky Sussex :oxD

chocisgood - you won't regret it!! xD

It's just so quick and easy - I now have a little tin in my bag when I'm out and about, so that as I snap, print and delete I have somewhere safe to pop the piccies 'til later :o

Nona