Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Stories Involving Kites Or Hot Air Balloons

Hi,

my next topic that I am covering with the children is all about kites, hot air balloons and parachutes (there's only so many paper planes a child can make before a teacher turns it into a topic!!) Anyway I was looking for some ideas of books that I can use to link in my Literacy.

Thanks

Emily

OOoh, I can't help but will be really interested to hear what others have to say as I am doing the very thing myself next week!! Spooky!

Sarah

Edited by Guest

theres one called alone in the woods about a bear that gets caught up in a kite string and lands in the woods and is surprised by other bears that have a picnic

it is a sweet book cant remember the auther though

There's one called Henry's Kite that I really like (it's by a friend of mine so I might be biased). Unfortunately, when I tried to find it it's out of print, but there's a second hand copy here.

It does have a slightly scary bit in it so you might want to take that into account - lovely pictures though. :o

How about Someone Bigger (can't remember the author) about a little boy and his dad who try to fly a kite. His dad keeps repeating the line "This kite needs someone bigger". Our children love it.

There is a postman pat one about a kite x Actually it might be Fireman Sam?? Sorry, all I can remember is that it gets stuck and needs to be rescued!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)