Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sharing Info With Other Settings?

hi, just wondered if I could pick your brains about sharing information among settings.

I am in a pre-school playgroup and the info would be shared with an afterschool group.

what info do you share and how do you do it? a book? meetings? do you share each others planning??

any examples of what you do would be great, i have one idea and the rest of the staff and leader ahave other ideas!

one says its all confidential, but i say not, one says we cant ask paretns to transport it, i think we can. few other points we also disagree on so would like to know if i am wrong! :o

thanks

We offer a small spiral bound notebook back and forth, unless the other setting is the main carer and we then follow their lead, that is if they offer anything anyway. We don't really share plans, but introduce ourselves, and give a brief idea of what the child is interested in when they are with us and what we have done about it.

Hi

We have a boy that comes to us and goes to a special needs centre. We have a book that his one to one person writes in at the end of the session. Just what he has been doing that session. We put this in his bag for his Dad to look at and the other setting.

I use an A5 hardback notebook for each child and it goes wherever they go. Home to parents, into nursery etc

Sometimes I wonder if I'm too transparent (for want of a better word!) I share my notebooks, ideas on activities and planning, hints and tips (most of which I learn on here!!!! xD )

I thought the child was the centre and we were all working to that principle?

I wonder if those settings that guard their output so closely either have 1) such fabulous ideas, planning and procedures that they'll put the rest of us to shame or 2) something to hide!? :o

Nona

How do you all find the time to fill in these notebooks?

With 40 children in the morning session, then another 20 in the afternoon and with staff doing mornings only, afternoons only, all day ?! We do little record sheets for the 2 year olds that stay all day with us (uually about 6 per day) and that takes one of us to monitor what they are doing, how much snack they had, when and what they do at the toilet, nappy change, sleep times etc etc

I take i these book are not filled out daily??!!!

Well at any one time we only have may be 3 children who go to another setting or have a child minder. We don't fill them in every session, but when there is something new to say. Surely, we are only to keep in touch with other settings to let them have shared info. I don't go into so much detail that it becomes a chore to do, that is not my style!

HI

At my setting we have just introduced a sheet each half term which is taken by the parrent from us to other setting/s/childminder. on it we fill information about the childs development and interests with us that half term and then there is space for the parent sand other setting to comment on there obs. We then all have a copy each. I am finding that each setting is doing there own thing which means recording information three fold at times.

Will be interesting to see what responce we get

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)