Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Gardening Gloves

May seem like a strange question but has anyone got any good quality SMALL gardening gloves that they use in their setting and if so where did you get them from? We got some to use in our garden from the Morrisons garden vouchers scheme but they are way too big for the tiny hands in my class. I have been given the go ahead to get some from school fund and have found some on the internet, but I don't want to get them without being sure they will fit.

Also if you have any thoughts on how to stop cats using the veg garden as a toilet I would be interested to hear any ideas. The mesh and garden canes is not doing the trick! :o

they don't always last very long but were quite reasonable from sainsburys and asda - but you have to wait till they get their stuff in. At the end of the season asda were selling pairs for £1 so we stocked up.

Just the right size for the children.

Hi, we prefer to let the children do it with bare hands, but I understand your concerns if there is lots of cat poo.

Do a quick visual check before you go out, you will often see it on top of the soil, or the soil will have clumped around it and you can remove it.

As far as stopping the cats goes, if you stick lots of little twigs in the soil close together, they find it hard to get the space to go to the toilet. Also, could you just put some kind of fleece cover over the area when you're not there? Or some wire, for instance a shelf out of one of those mini greenhouses?

I got loads of mini gloves on ebay. We have local cats that like our sandy soil at Preschool, so we thought it best to wear gloves when major digging is going on.

gloves

Edited by Cait

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)