Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help ! Nvq 4 Children's Care Learning And Development

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here so hope I've put it in the right place. I have just started my level 4 and have been looking at a blank computer screen for the last couple of mights, I just don't know how to start writing my assignment for unit 402. My assessor is coming on monday and I'm meant to have completed it! It's panic time now I hope I'm doing the right thing. If anyone has any pointers I would be most grateful.

Thank You very much for reading my rant!

Dawn x

Hi Dawn

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on making the first of what I hope will be many posts. You've certainly come to the right place for support as you study!

I haven't done the NVQ 4, so I'm not sure what unit 402 is all about. Whilst waiting for someone with knowledge to come along and help, perhaps you could tell us what you're writing about so that we might make some suggestions about what to include?

There's nothing quite so likely as to put you in a panic as an imminent deadline when you don't know where to start!

If we can help we will - good luck!

Maz

Hi Dawn and welcome to the forum,

I also don't have any knowledge of NVQ4 but the emotions you describe are all too familiar. It sounds like you are doing what I do which is to go into panic mode and say to myself "I don't know how to do it all straight off so I can't do any of it!".

Take a step back and look at the task in small chunks. You might not be able to work out the whole assignment but I'm sure you have lots of bits and pieces of information which you know should be in there somewhere. Try typing in all those little bits, everything you can think of. Then start to move them around to see if they settle into some sort of sensible order. If you can do that you might find you have the basic structure for the assignment.

Don't try to do the whole thing at once. Take it in stages just focussing on the bits you can do and not what you think you will struggle with.

It's a method which often works for me so I hope it can get you started too.

Good luck and don't forget to come back and ask for more help - especially with some more information about your subject.

Support policies, procedures and practice to safeguard

children and ensure their inclusion and well-being - - - is this the unit you are doing ?

is there a list of performance criteria that you need to cover for the unit ? if there is then i would go through each point and make notes as to how you cover each point in your setting, also refer to your policies and proceedures from your setting and note how and when and why you implement them.

Hi there - when I did mine I copied and pasted the questions onto my laptop, changed it into a font less threatening!!! then made a gap for all my answers. I looked at each question and worked out how I could answer it by either writing from my knowledge, putting information together from work that I had done for the Pre School or by observations. When my assessor visited we did quite a lot through professional discussion where she would talk about the question and I would chat back with my reply occasionall glancing at my notes to make sure I had covered everything.

As far as I can remember this unit has a lot to do with legislation and policies and procedures. At the time I had just written masses of them for the Pre School that we were opening so it all seemed pretty relevent - however google was a godsend for facts and dates.

Good luck shout if you need any more help

Thanks everyone for your support, I'm sure I will work it all out at some stage or just age rapidly!.

Anyway back to the essay.

Dawn x

Hi Dawn I have just started the NVQ4 as well and I am doing 402 - Policies Health and safety at the moment. I have got to do "homework" before Tuesday. I have to evaluate the policy and write about my role and responsibilities. It sounds as though we are at the same stage - i feel sure I will need some help over the next 18 months !!!!

Sue J

Hi,

I have recently completed my NVQ 4, what did you want to know about unit 402? x

Everthing! not really I think I had a panic on how to start it but nearly finished now,

Thank you so much for your reply though and congratulations on finishing yours.

Dawn x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)