Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E115 Tma06/07

hi All im currently completing tmo6/07 is there any advice out there regarding the tgf as we do have to participate in it . I have done so but was wondering how I could use it as evidence. My role is that of a pragmatist in the different hats activity. Also what kind of evidence did you all use for tma07 please. I didn't get a good grade on tma05 as I think the support on writing up the eyclo forms was not there, its totally different to how it is stated in the ou manuels.You have to even have a reference list !Please any help is better than no help. Thank you

You could refer to TGF by using quotes ilustrating a view that may have influenced your opinion - or for any reason that suits the assignment, really. Try to get a ref in, it's good brownie points! :o

Er - I'm sure I didn't have a reference list for EYCLOS and I don't think guidance says so! You do, of course, have to credit any quotes. I followed the guidance to the letter, so am surprised by your comment that it is totally different! Anyone shed any more light?? Geraldine???

You could refer to TGF by using quotes ilustrating a view that may have indluenced your opinion - or for any reason that suits the assignment, really. Try to get a ref in, it's good brownie points! :o

Er - I'm sure I didn't have a reference list for EYCLOS and I don't think guidance says so! You do, of course, have to credit any quotes. I followed the guidance to the letter, so am surprised by your comment that it is totally different! Anyone shed any more light?? Geraldine???

I agree with Sue about getting a TGF reference in, not only does it gain you brownie points it is a compulsory part of the TMA. I waited until my TMA was written then hunted on the TGF to find something that supported or disagreed with a point I was making.

Like Sue I did not provide a list of references for EYCLOs and I am not aware of this being necessary

Sorry to hear that you find the OU materials 'different' and am a little confused by this. I followed the TMA /EYCLO completion guidance to the letter too.

Perhaps if you could give a little more detail of the problems you are experiencing we may be able to give you more specific, useful help xD

I would also suggest maybe a chat with your tutor might help - my tutors were always very approachable either by phone or email and were more than happy to help

Good luck and do shout if there is anything more we can do

Do you mean that you have to reference your evidence in your EYCLO's? If so, that was always the case, you were referencing things you had in your PEF. If you don't mean that, sorry, I'm just confused as to what you mean by referencing.

Do you mean that you have to reference your evidence in your EYCLO's? If so, that was always the case, you were referencing things you had in your PEF. If you don't mean that, sorry, I'm just confused as to what you mean by referencing.

ooooh now you have got my brain ticking xD

For some TMAs it was a requirement to 'refer to' items of evidence in a particular EYCLO is that what you mean by 'reference your evidence in your EYCLOs'? is so I agree that was always the case/

I understood the original message to mean that EYCLOs had to be accompanied by a list of references which I found strange - maybe I misunderstood the message.

How about I just join you in the confused corner - I'll put the kettle on :o

Hi,

I am doing the E115 at the moment and I did include a list of references in with my EYCLO's. In my evidence description I refered to the course material and the PPA's so included a reference page to be on the safe side. My tutor didn't comment either way so i'll probably do the same again

Rapunzel

Hi

Completed E115 earlier this year. Loved the course though it was tough. Had hoped they would have sorted out the problem with what is required for the EYCLO - enough people gave that as feedback.

Yes, I had to provide a reference list for the EYCLO's. Initially I had a separate one for each EYCLO but towards the end of the course was told no you only need the one. Check with your tutor to be totally sure. Ended up with one reference list. We decided to give each of the practice guidance cards of the EYFS and the statutory guidance an alphabetial listing so that you used the same reference for Card 2.1 on each EYCLO, so we just added say an a after 2008a. It's late so I probably not explaining it well.

I think as others have said it would be good to include something in your TMA from the TGF such as Saatchi said .........

Pm me if this doesn't make sense.

I'm not surprised that lots of people were/are confused about the requirements for the EYCLOs. Some tutors want to see students refer to the PPA wording in the evidence explanation and others, like mine, wanted us to refer to the Common Core and EYFS. Some wanted a reference list at the bottom of the page and others, like mine again, didn't.

Like Geraldine, I would wait until my TMA was finished before looking for a comment from the TGF that would fit in. You could also find a comment that you agreed/disagreed with and work a sentence around that. You only need to refer to the TGF only once.

Best of luck.

Good idea to have the bones of your TMA completed then look for something from your TGF to support what you say, it will become clearer.

With regard to the EYCLO our tutor wanted us to refer to the EYFS, ECM, Common Core and only as a last resort the PPA.

Hi,

I am doing the E115 at the moment and I did include a list of references in with my EYCLO's. In my evidence description I refered to the course material and the PPA's so included a reference page to be on the safe side. My tutor didn't comment either way so i'll probably do the same again

Rapunzel

yes Rapunzel, this is exactly what I mean. Its not stated in the guidance that you need a ref page for the evidence descriptions, but I did add one in and will probably do the same again.

hi yes the eyclo form filling in and requirements is not clear, however, i'm learning things as i go along and did contact my tutor but it ewould have been easier if this was all stated in the manuels.Im interested about the practice guidance cards and how you have listed them so will probably pm you thank you so much.

Hi

Completed E115 earlier this year. Loved the course though it was tough. Had hoped they would have sorted out the problem with what is required for the EYCLO - enough people gave that as feedback.

Yes, I had to provide a reference list for the EYCLO's. Initially I had a separate one for each EYCLO but towards the end of the course was told no you only need the one. Check with your tutor to be totally sure. Ended up with one reference list. We decided to give each of the practice guidance cards of the EYFS and the statutory guidance an alphabetial listing so that you used the same reference for Card 2.1 on each EYCLO, so we just added say an a after 2008a. It's late so I probably not explaining it well.

I think as others have said it would be good to include something in your TMA from the TGF such as Saatchi said .........

Pm me if this doesn't make sense.

thank you, yes its all very mixed and depends very much on the tutors therefore, the forums can be a bit daunting as everyone has different ideas on what/how to fill in the evidence descriptions. By the way did you complete tma07 before tma06 as advised?

I'm not surprised that lots of people were/are confused about the requirements for the EYCLOs. Some tutors want to see students refer to the PPA wording in the evidence explanation and others, like mine, wanted us to refer to the Common Core and EYFS. Some wanted a reference list at the bottom of the page and others, like mine again, didn't.

Like Geraldine, I would wait until my TMA was finished before looking for a comment from the TGF that would fit in. You could also find a comment that you agreed/disagreed with and work a sentence around that. You only need to refer to the TGF only once.

Best of luck.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)