Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Flippin' Pancakes

SueFinanceManager

I know this is not in keeping with the spirit of the ocassion but next year I'm going to buy my family pancakes :(:(:o

I have just left the kitchen after what seems like hours of batter mixing, frying, tossing, and most of all washing up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My kids love 'em and would sit there and eat them all eveing I reckon, but I can't say I actually found the whole thing much fun.

Am I just being 'Mrs Grumpy Tired Person' or is anyone else wiping pancakes off the walls and ceilings and wishing they'd steered clear of the huge display of batter mix and jif squeezy lemons in the supermarket? xD:(

Sue

You are so lucky, after speaking to our (professional) chef he announced that he hated pancakes and could not do them properly.

The staff still wanted them, so I have spent a similar amount of time whisking, frying, fliping, scraping and serving pancakes to every child in the nursery, 54 in total, only to hear spits, gags and general comments of disgust. I tried one they were the best I ever made, they really are a fussy lot this year!!!!

Then I came home 6pm to hear my 11 year old announce that he is waiting for his pancakes, Dad has gone to the gym and I have to cook them!!!!!

I hate Pancake Day!!!!

Have had to cook pancakes in 2 sessions tonight .first lot was in a mad half hour before dropping kids at drama club then a mad dash to parents evening. it was then home for another bash at stove.

mind you they all turn out fine except mine which was alittle burn`t. mind you that was my own fault for trying to multi task and load tumble dryer at the same time!!

Talking of multi tasking Maddy, my daughter had the audacity to comment while I was standing waiting for a pancake to brown on the underside so I could toss it, "Mum wouldn't it be quicker if you had two frying pans on the go at the same time" :(:o :wacko:

You can imagine what I was thinking :(:(xDxD

Sue

Oh, dont you just love 'em???? :(

Last week I was struggling to open the packaging on something, when my 12 yr old said 'women cant expect any help on a Thursday can they dad?' Gonna get myself a big stick :oxD:(

The whole pancake making business is a rather long and drawn out one - but it's only once a year Sue! We tend to have a production line going in our house so that everyone is making and eating at the same time. :D

First,

I'm with mundia, and the rest of the world may have missed the point - it is Jif Lemon Day. NONE of my nursery children had a clue why it's pancake day!!!!! xD:o

I do not, ever, cook pancakes. None of my lot like them, and no-one could ever recreate my Dad's beautiful, light, lacy creations. They were delectable and I could never get enough. Unfortunately, he says now he's 80, he's retiring!!

Sue :(:(

Well I love pancakes and I love making pancakes. I have two pans going at the same time as well as a fantastic pan I bought in France which plugs in and makes ginourmous Breton style ones. Mmmmmm The only thing is I look like a gresay spoon when I have finished ( need a shower) and the floor is like an ice-rink.

By the way we did make them at school after doing our risk assessment and all went well.

I made pancakes at school with 21 Reception and Year 1 chn!!! I had 11 and my TA had 10. Chn helped top measure and mix the batter and then y TA and i cookked and tossed all 21!!! Started off really well until i rested the pan on the front of the cooker...little did i realise that there werwe stickers on the cooker that became stuck to the bottom of my pan...Yes you can gues they caught fire and my TA and I were to be seen furiously blowing out the flames much to the delight of my class!!!! They all HAD to tell their parents as soon a sthey got out of the door and this happened just one day after one of the children broke two bones in his arm during a PE lesson...Roll on half term before i comletely lose the plot and get struck off!!!! It just been one of those weeks but i figured nothing worse can happen!

Sarah, you remind me of one or two teachers I had when I was growing up, so dont worry about it, I grew up quite normal and unaffected. :oxD

Sue..it's 100% the fault of your pc, so dont be anxious. Ask Sue R?? :(