Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Level3 Question

Hi

I have a member of staff who has just completed her Diploma in Pre-School Practive through the NEC. We have had a letter from her tutor who has stated that she has completed all the modules successfully, the tutor has marked 3 modules which she has passed subject to being moderated? The module sent direct to Cache has come back as a pass.

My question is can I now count this member of staff as level 3, althought the tutor has passed all her modules we still have two to be moderated (I assume the tutors marking is checked). We have been told that the certificate wont come through until June!!

I am on a course in February and need to arrange cover, so not sure if I can count her as a level 3 or not?

Have spoken to Ofsted and all they would say is that I need to speak to qualifications helpline, which I have done and all they tell me is that the DPP is a full and relevant qualification when complete!!?

So any advice welcome!!

Kristina

Technically, I fear without the certificate in your hands you can't count this member of staff as qualified to Level 3. However, if the workforce audit database shows her as working towards a Level 3 qualification, it will only ask you the date she completed the course. Once you enter in that date, the database will put a tick against her name and say she is qualified.

Without clear guidance from Ofsted or your Local Authority about this, it is a matter for your own discretion to decide how to proceed. Might be worth talking to your LA ane see what they advise.

Maz

Hi

I have a member of staff who has just completed her Diploma in Pre-School Practive through the NEC. We have had a letter from her tutor who has stated that she has completed all the modules successfully, the tutor has marked 3 modules which she has passed subject to being moderated? The module sent direct to Cache has come back as a pass.

My question is can I now count this member of staff as level 3, althought the tutor has passed all her modules we still have two to be moderated (I assume the tutors marking is checked). We have been told that the certificate wont come through until June!!

I am on a course in February and need to arrange cover, so not sure if I can count her as a level 3 or not?

Have spoken to Ofsted and all they would say is that I need to speak to qualifications helpline, which I have done and all they tell me is that the DPP is a full and relevant qualification when complete!!?

So any advice welcome!!

Kristina

We had the same problem. We got a photo copyof the form from college that they use to send off for the certificate to say that it was completed and the certificate was on its way.

This is always difficult because you so need it to be right. So I wouldn't want this to be a definitive answer but...

I also took my DPP through NEC also, and although it was 2007, I'm sure that 30 days after my final assignment the NEC sent me back my coursework and I received a letter telling me that I had passed.

My setting took this as evidence that I was then qualified and I acted as such.

OFSTED have never asked to see certificates (and we've had 4 since I've been there) and our supervisor doesn't have one to disply! never been a problem but that's not to say it won't be.

Not sure if that is helpful or not :o

Thanks for all the advice, my main concern is that we are due an inspection as we are a new setting that opened in September.

So I think I will have to assume she hasn't got her qualification until the certificate arrives!!

The course I'm doing is the level 3 Health & safety in the Workplace, and someone has said it is possable to do this online!!? So that may be an option and then I wont have to be away from the setting at all!!

Thanks to everyone who has replied

Kris

Hi

I too have just completed the DPP through NEC. I have provided my setting with copies of the letters from the PLA that give my grades (mine have been to CACHE and have been moderated tho) for my 3 assignments and my pass result for the 4th assignment. My supervisor counts me as qualified as she says it can sometimes take forever to get the certificate through.

Hope this helps

Hi

I have spoken to my PLA advisor today and she has said that until all modules have been moderated it would be unadvisable to asume she has passed. Even though the tutor has passed her the overall outcome could change if it is decided she has marked incorrectly!!

All seems very confusing and long winded!! Hey Ho with Ofsted turning up today it's the least of my worries!!

Kris