Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Story Sacks

Hi all

Last year I put together a whole load of story sacks using thick plastic bags. They have been so well used that the bags are falling apart and they look terrible, so i need to replace them.

I have been looking for those clear plastic book bags, that have poppers at the top and a handle but cannot find them anywhere.

Ideally i want the bags to be see through and not too much money cos i am having to pay. Have looked at plastic mesh weave bags, like big pencil cases, but they are £3 each and I need 15!

Any ideas what I can use?

Must they be clear? Have you thought of pillowcases? I asked parent to donate them and got loads. I used felt and that iron on hemming stuff (bondaweb) to put the names on the outside, and they look good. Bit of a hem round the open end to provide a place for a drawstring to hang them up.

Must they be clear? Have you thought of pillowcases? I asked parent to donate them and got loads. I used felt and that iron on hemming stuff (bondaweb) to put the names on the outside, and they look good. Bit of a hem round the open end to provide a place for a drawstring to hang them up.

Good idea - any problems with them getting wet?

Wet? I suppose you could always line them with a pedal bin liner if they're likely to get wet. Do you mean in the rain when children are taking them home? We pop them into a pedal bin liner if there's that problem.

Wet? I suppose you could always line them with a pedal bin liner if they're likely to get wet. Do you mean in the rain when children are taking them home? We pop them into a pedal bin liner if there's that problem.

Yes, i did mean the rain.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)