Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parent Questionnaire...

Hi

Im not sure if this is the correct topic area to put this. Please could someone look over my parent questionnaire and see if there is anything else I should be adding or anything that doesnt sound right?

As a bit of background we had our RAG judgement letter and in it they have marked us as red for our communication with parents not being welcoming and friendly which I personally thought was a bit rough but anyway we are asking for parents feedback what do you think?

Any help / suggestions much appreciated...

Parent_Questionnaire_2010.doc

We have just sent ours out, and we asked how they felt about security in the setting, what they thought of behaviour management, and snack. Also if there was anything they would want changed/improved.

HTH

Clare

We have just sent ours out, and we asked how they felt about security in the setting, what they thought of behaviour management, and snack. Also if there was anything they would want changed/improved.

HTH

Clare

THanks Claire much appreciated

My only suggestion (and this is only my opinion) would be to perhaos change the format slightly?

I think that if parents think they have to write something even only a few lines, then often they dont bother.

For e.g What do you know about the EYFS. I think this is quite a big question to expect parents to answer,

Other questions such as: Do you want more info or do you feel welcomed could be answered as how do you feel we meet this. Good, satisfactory or could do better (well words to that effect) with a space under for any comments if they want to. Maybe more as a tick list, with comment boxes to use as well. That way, it's not so intimidating or time consuming for parents to fill in.

Sorry, dont mean to criticize, just trying to help

No not taking it as criticism I want this questionnaire filled in and answered so as much input as possible is really helpful. I have had a search in the resource library and found an example on there asking for ticks on inadequate, satisfactory, good and outstanding. I have adapted some of that but I still want to make sure that the wording is right I dont want it to be overwhelming for the parents but I dont want it to be patronising either so if other poeple are seeing things that Im not you are more than welcome to comment - I will add on my new adaptation in a while after I have had a little more of a tweak

Deejay

Love it deejay - tick boxes to gather information and space to write down what a parent thinks about the bits that they are probably most interested in.

In fact - I may even borrow it if I'm feeling brave next term, if that's ok with you! :o

Maz

Love it deejay - tick boxes to gather information and space to write down what a parent thinks about the bits that they are probably most interested in.

In fact - I may even borrow it if I'm feeling brave next term, if that's ok with you! :o

Maz

Thanks Maz absolutely borrow away

I'm not convinced that your average parent will know what you mean by the different areas of the EYFS. I'm only just getting it and I've been on committee almost a year!

Your one looks quite similar to what we used last year (based on stuff found on here). I will attach it to this and you can see if there's anything else in there you'd like to add.

Questionaire_for_June_2009_without_names.doc

Hi deejay,

Do you have a Partnership with Parents Policy? I found a really good one somewhere here, which I adapted for our setting. Maybe someone knows where it is??? This was after I carried out a questionnaire and an audit of staff opinions on our relationships with parents. We had a great improvement once we were all thinking and talking about it.

Good luck with yours and I hope you get lots of completed questionnaires back!

Lesley

• 4 weeks later...