Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Medication Consent Form

becsltd

We had our Ofsted inspection recently and they have asked us to review our medication form as it was a bit dated.

Just wondering if members could share the form/s that they use in their settings to give some ideas of the type of thing that needs to be included.

I am so aware that medication is a hot topic and certainly something that is scruitinised by Ofsted.

Thanks so much!

Someone on here recently pointed me in the direction of a great site - www.medicalconditionsatschool.org

It has sample policies, care plans and consent forms which you can adapt to suit your needs. Great training powerpoint presentations, too, for asthma, allergies etc.

Nona

Thanks so much Laura - Seeing yours makes it so clear that ours needs to be reviewed!

Would still love to see some more examples - Anyone???

It is difficult devising such important forms that gets the balance between being simple enough to fill in accurately as well as covering all the information that is required!

Ofsted seem to be so hot on it. It was quite frustrating in our Ofsted inspection because she looked through piles and piles of completed forms and found ONE that was not filled in accurately and it was made into a big thing! It really seemed as though she would have continued to look through the file of old medication records until she came across one that was not correct!

The experience has taught me so much!

Still looking forward to hearing from some more people as to what they use etc...

I haven't got any forms available at home that I can post to you, but we do have 2 different types, one for one off type meds (antibiotics etc), much like the example posted above, but also a seperate one for long term meds and medical need (such as asthma, febrile convulsions, ananphylaxis epilepsy etc). Sorry that probably hasn't helped you much!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)